By carobee - 24/08/2013 04:25 - United States - Everett

Today, I attended my first day of school 4 days after reconstructive surgery. But no worries: I'm sure my alien-like appearance and 2 hours of Darth Vader style breathing in an otherwise silent test room will make me lots of friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 002
You deserved it 3 628

carobee tells us more.

Hi, OP here! I had an accident, and therefore could not choose the date of the surgery. My face was severely smashed up, my nose broken and my jaw wired shut. It was a summer class and I missed the first 3 days, so by the time I was well enough to go they were already testing. The class was a pre-req I needed for my next year of class, my senior year. I didn't want to graduate late from college, as I am a pre med student and want to take the mcat next summer. I was not seriously worried about making friends, it was just funny to get so many strange looks. Anyway thanks for all the sweet comments, I'm doing much better now and look back to normal!!

Top comments

Darth Vader breathing sounds pretty cool.

Well good luck, and may the force be with you.

Comments

MerrikBarbarian 9

Hey Darth Vader breathing sounds pretty cool! But seriously op, anyone who would judge you for your appearance over who you are isn't worth your time. Real, genuine friends or ****, even decent human beings don't care what you look like. Just be yourself and **** anyone who judges you for it.

I'd avoid the ******* part, darth vader must have the scariest orgasms

Well, it really doesn't get weird till you ask him who his daddy is.. Just sayin', that's awkward.

Bullshit, you'll make lots of friends or at the very least get a fanclub. Don't worry about it.

Did you know that to get a more genuine reaction out of Mark Hammill, everyone read and rehearsed the line, "No, Luke, Obi Wan killed your father." Only George Lucas and the guy playing Darth Vader knew the true line that would be filmed up until the moment the scene was shot and Darth Vader proclaimed "No, Luke, I am your father," on set. Nothing to do with the FML, I know, but maybe you could use that little known piece of trivia to shock and amaze people thus distracting them from bullying you.

Wow...."the guy playing Darth Vader?" James Earl Jones, one of the best voices ever, doesn't even get credit in your little tidbit of trivia?!?! Hmphhh...not impressed.

Actually, in the first "Star Wars" movie, it was someone else who had a far less impressive voice playing Darth Vader in the original cut. They then dubbed James Earl Jones's voice over the original actor's voice later. I wasn't sure if they did it the same way in "Empire Strikes Back" or who really first uttered the line, "No, Luke, I am your father," so I left it vague.

Now that's a tidbit I wasn't aware of! Nice! Thanks!

Why is there an "otherwise silent test room" on the first day of school? Aren't the first few days or so dedicated to introductions/icebreakers?

Some teachers (like my chem 2 professor) like to be jerks and test what you remember from the previous year. It all depends what grade the OP is in.

Huh, in my experience the first couple days have been about going over the course syllabus and policies the teacher has.

OP could be new to the school and need to take placement tests.

It says first day after reconstructive surgery, so it's probably not their first day of classes this year.

At least you've got something to talk about.

Don't worry about it op you'll eventually make friends, it just takes time.

The icebreaker can be your face. It's never been easier to start a conversation !

hol18 5

Good Luck OP. The good thing is that you'll be able to weed out the judgemental/fake people and you'll find yourself some true friends, hopefully.

Well I guess next time u wont get surgery before school starts huh?