By Betrayed - 27/08/2012 06:11 - United States

Today, I attended my college roommate's wedding. We were best friends for 4 years, but have only talked occasionally since graduation. I was looking forward to meeting her new husband, having heard so much about him during our conversations. Turns out she forgot to mention he's my ex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 153
You deserved it 2 423

Same thing different taste

Top comments

osf777 2

Is anyone else wondering why she didn't receive a wedding invitation, that clearly would have both parties names listed? I guess she probably received a casual invite? But I digress.

If she knew he's your ex (which was probably the case), she's really insensitive for not telling you.

Comments

I wonder if wording matters here, OP said "he's my ex" not "one of my ex's", so depending on how you look at it, it could be her last boyfriend, or her only. But then again, I'm probably reading too much into it.

SmittyJA24 26

At first reading, I also thought the same thing! Gal out of college = age in the mid-20-something range I'd believe. She should have at least a few ex-BFs.

ThexFroggyGirl 21

Oh, look! Here comes the awkward turtle.....

That happens. You didn't work out, why shouldn't they have a go (especially as they got happily married). If the issue is pride, that's your issue, and not something their life-changing decisions are based upon.

I agree. Be happy for your friend. If he's in love with her it clearly wasn't going to work out with you two. It's a shame she didn't feel she could tell you. Unless you two broke up because he was abusing you or something similar, keep your thoughts about him to yourself.

That's fine but don't you think the roomate should have mention "by the way you used to **** him!"

Did you receive an invitation? How could that not come up in conversation?

skittlesmeep 4

She probably didn't tell you cause it's an fml to you

such b.s. that you never noticed his name on the invitation

So when she talked about him, and probably mentioned his name a few times (and maybe some other stuff about him), didn't that raise any red flags?

pinksnowflake 2

Wasn't his name on the invitation?

Well, if the ex's name was John Smith or another very common name...

perdix 29

Your convos must be deep that you never even got around to mentioning his name? It didn't occur that the fiancé had the same weight, height, age, eye color, hair color, build, education, profession, etc. as your ex?

Her boyfriend's weight? Does this come up a lot in conversation? Also, he might have lost or gained weight since college. I'm thinking a better clue is all over her Facebook.