By geekpower - 29/02/2016 09:59 - United Kingdom - Oxford

Today, I attended a TEDx conference. The woman sitting next to me spent the whole time picking her nose, playing with the retrieved contents, and sticking her hand down her pants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 269
You deserved it 1 496

geekpower_fml tells us more.

OP here to answer a few questions that have come up. I spent the whole time inching away but she didn't seem to realise there was anything wrong. Also no I did not call her out because she was 10 years older than me, twice my size both vertically and horizontally, and accompanied by her husband. Also I'm a coward and socially awkward and tend to avoid confrontation wherever possible. Seats at the TEDx were assigned and I paid for nice stall seats, I wasn't going to move. Even if I wanted to, the place was packed with 1800 people so there was nowhere to go. To whoever said she wasn't interested in the conference, it seems like she was. It was actually quite annoying because she kept making comments out loud throughout the talks: "Cool!", "Wow!", "Who'd have guessed?!". Which in itself is rude because talks are about listening and not interfering with the experience people around you are having. Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Top comments

Her findings will be documented and revealed at the next TEDx talk.

Ew. I wonder why people like that even bother going to important meetings if they don't have the patience and interest in the meeting in the first place. Sorry you had to see that OP.

Comments

Maybe she's a public speaker, doing a study on how people react to disgusting individuals in public.....

CliffyB03 28

The face I made was not human

Somebody who witnessed it is now writing an FML of their own, and when some user reads it, they will do another odd thing that somebody will witness. It's a vicious cycle of inhuman displays and FML publishing.

Did you ever thought about doing a TED Talk about human displays of emotions?

what else did you expect from a TEDx conference

There are some weird and wonderful people out there... but that is totally weird and gross

That's because you're garage isn't full of bookshelves.

I thought Ted talks were for sophisticated people

mads_nicole 19

*cleavland voice* "Oh that's nasty."