By (._. ) - 06/08/2013 20:35 - United States - Alburnett

Today, I asked out the man of my dreams. He told me he'd ask his dad if it was okay. I thought he was just kidding, until he pulled out his phone and called his dad. After a few minutes of "come on, dad" and "but why?" he hung up and said his dad wouldn't let him. He's 22. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 764
You deserved it 5 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ShinedownLuv 14

Yeah, I think he was B.Sing you

Comments

c'mon OP, you dont wanna be dating a poppa's wittle boy.

why the **** is this thumbed down?! do you really want OP to be dating a poppa's wittle boy?! idiots.

I'm down voting you simply because you care THAT much about up votes and you threw a temper tantrum.

UnluckyGenius 21

He must be a life time member of the "Mild Ones" biker gang.

So far I've seen 3 sponge bob related comments from you.. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

UnluckyGenius 21

I wait all day for FMLs with less than 20 comments to comment on, I earned this dang it!

titibug823 11

Dodged a bullet there... but hopefully soon he will realize that he is 22 and doesnt have to ask his dad's permission anymore

Nikkitaria 9

Well, at least he didn't say yes only to later invite his parents to your dates.

Rexington27 7

Awww. Daddy's little boy. Wait that doesn't right.

Sound is the word you're looking for. And it would sound right if he weren't 22 and likely to be faking it just to get rid of OP (in which case he's just a jerk)

Sorry he's just making a call to his friends posing as his dad to get out of the date. He should just be a man and say he's not interested. You can't be mad at someone who's being honest with you.

Maybe not in this situation, but I don't see at all why you can't be mad at someone for being honest.

"Hey, I slept with your sister- but no wait you can't get mad; I'm just being honest!"

Well I understand why people want to be loyal to their parents...but at 22 he should be able to make these decisions himself.

Not related at all, but when you press the comment button and look on top (im on the app) is this REALLY the 20,824,090'th fml?

chillnhill 24

Clearly not the man of your dreams if he is that tied to his daddy... You likely just dodged a bullet there.