By expassword - 17/12/2010 00:20 - United States

Today, I asked my wife for her computer password because my computer crashed. After minutes of begging she finally told me. Turns out that her password happens to be her ex's name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 102
You deserved it 3 720

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why wouldn't she just type in the password herself? FYL though. You should talk to her about that :/

Comments

I use a password for a ton of things that is my ex girlfriends name. I don't have feelings for her or anything, it's just that I used it when I first got a computer when i was with her and when I got an email address and stuff I signed up for when I first had my computer. I don't see why it's a big deal. Sort your life out.

junker311 0

Same. I don't know why they're saying to break up or she's cheating. Lame.

I'm not saying that's wrong or anything, but it's so clearly going to lead to an awkward moment if you don't tell your future/current partner about it, and one day you have to tell them the password and explain why it's your exes name.

firechildredhead 0

Hahaha! That totally sucks doesn't it? This same FML has happened to me. No biggie though. Just bitch for a day then laugh and talk trash about said ex and move on.

you should have the password already if she's your wife

anahlicious 10

Not necessarily. No one knows my passwords. That's something private and should only be shared if the person feels comfortable about it...

Right, because everything the wife has should belong to the husband too? Sorry, nope.

Well tell her you want a break up if you are so upset abt it , then her password will become your name ;P

QwertyMcNugget 0

Getting a divorce over something like that is pretty . . . dumb. Especially if the password really doesn't mean anything. I say OP should just politely ask her to change it, not go on some huge tirade and divorce her.

So? At least people are unlikely to guess it. You didn't.

doesn't mean she's cheating on you but maybe that's an indication there still may be feelings for him?

Why do people use ex's/girlfriends/fiancee's names for a password? That's not that bright, and can easily be broken.

Well, it's safer than using the current partner's name ;)