By Anonymous - 14/09/2011 13:56 - United States

Today, I asked my mom why she drinks. She said she only drinks when she's depressed. My step-dad said she only drinks on the weekend. Those are the days I'm at her house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 072
You deserved it 2 757

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awww.. :( I'm sorry, maybe try to talk to your mom and try to solve the problem of why she is depress when you are there. You lose nothing to try!

Comments

Her drinking may or may not have anything to do with OP being there. A lot of people only drink on the weekends, and I see no reason to assume that the mom is depressed because of OP. We all know what assuming does, after all.

I was thinking of the same thing. It could also be that she drinks on the weekends only because she doesn't have to work on the days after she drinks. I'm sure if she really was depressed because the OP visits on the weekends, she would have just come right out and said it to the OP or just asked for her not to visit anymore because she doesn't like it.

Well some people dont like to drink during the week because they dont want it to interfere with work. Always look at the positive OP

her drinking and depression has nothing to do with you. she needs help!

A lot of people do not drink during the week and drink only on weekends. Sadly, some of them make up for what they do not drink during the week. Your mom is probably sad about your step-douche, I mean dad and drinks to wash away the ugly sex she has to have with him on the weekends. I doubt it's you.

And a lot of people enjoy a beer when they get home from work on a friday night and get painted as an alcoholic >_>

"That's the day's I'm at her house" I would also be depressed.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

This comment might have words, but it is empty in value, as it was posted in the wrong place. Feel free to bury it.

Akers_L7 8

I think she is depressed becuz she knows that ur only home on the weekends. Maybe she wants u to stay home longer =D

waitnobodycares 6

She probably drinks because of your bad grammar.

You asked it today, but you're only at your mom's house on week-ends, so how could you ask her why does she drink?

Yeah I mean it's not like phones exist or anything.

Now I see why FMLs sent out by #34 have been all rejected. He probably is one of those that begins their FMLs with "Yesterday", "The other night" or "A while ago". He's not a true FMLer yet.

LilliPage 17

Ever heard of a phone? Or, even better, a computer. They have things called "chat" now.