By Shleebs - 19/03/2012 19:20 - United States - Hamilton

Today, I asked my mom if she could buy me some anti-nausea medicine. She said, "You just have a stomach ache. It's not like you're throwing up." As she said it, I threw up everything but my childhood memories. She still wouldn't get any medicine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 607
You deserved it 2 325

Shleebs tells us more.

I actually threw up in her room and in her bathroom. She had to clean it up. I think justice was served.

Top comments

I'm here! Sorry I'm late, guys. I was bothering some people elsewhere. The apostrophe wasn't necessary, bud. Thanks for trying though. NAZI AWAAAAAAAY! :D

Comments

Probably because you would throw up the meds 2

I did once throw up some anti-nausea pills myself... they taste really, really bad on the way up. This is why you should take them as soon as you feel nauseous, so they have a chance to work.

Anti-nausea medication AKA antiemetic. Shorter, easier to say, and the proper term. w00t

KaelaKhaotic 5
kimgr 9
mauguster 15

I believe you meant "Parenting, she's doing it wrong"

perdix 29

If you're puking, the anti-nausea meds are too late. When your body tells you it's time the throw up, just throw up, for God's sake!

You always feel better after you puke anyways so just get it over with.

Aw thats pretty sick :( Hope you get well!

"Back in my day, we didn't have no fancy medicine to cure a belly ache" That's what my family tells me.. But I hope you puked on her.

KVKdragon 26

Why are the parents in some FMLs unbelievable morons? It really makes me wonder how they were raised in the first place (smh)

Why are the children in some FMLs unbelievable morons? It really makes me wonder why they were born in the first place.

KVKdragon 26

Go ahead people, boo my comment for speaking the truth; that the parent is actually to blame for this cruelty by not buying necessary medication for a sick child.

KiddNYC1O 20

What's the point of taking medicine when you're throwing up? By the time you puke, it's too late. Your mother's right.

KVKdragon 26

Use some common sense. If he's ingesting medicine meant to soothe his stomach problems, then I'm pretty sure he'll stop puking once the medicine kicks in.

Not true. Everyone saying that the meds will be effective when somebody is already puling are for the most part wrong. This is why in a situation where a doctor is involved they prescribe suppositories for it.

thatKidzmOm 10

Regardless, the mother should've paid a little more attention. It doesn't matter if the meds would've worked or not...the mom should care enough to TRY!

#26 One of the best antiemetic medication (which treats nausea and vomiting) that I have found, is Ondansetron (or Zofran) and is available in a little wafer which dissolves under the tongue and is absorbed almost straight away. Even if you throw up with in a minute of taking it, you cannot get rid of the medication. Unfortunately it is very expensive and you cannot buy it over the counter. When I first started nursing 20 years ago 1 little wafer cost $75AU. It costs much less now, but it gives you an idea. All these comments about once you start vomiting its too late, or there is no such thing as anti-nausea medication are rubbish. If it is just a tummy bug and you vomit once or twice, then no problem - throw up and feel better after. However for people who have hyperemesis or other conditions where they are throwing up for days, there are things which can help. Prolonged vomiting can have some really horrible side effects - worse than the vomiting!