By hopelesscollegestudent - 21/09/2012 16:22 - Canada

Today, I asked my college chemistry teacher for some much-needed help. Instead of explaining anything to me, she scoffed that if I don't understand something, I should "just Google it." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 031
You deserved it 2 012

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If everyone Googled everything, no one would need to pay your teacher's salary.

jDCrackpot 7

If you're in college you're paying to be taught, not paying to google everything instead. Go above her and make a complaint and see if she still doesn't feel like doing her job.

Comments

Fortunately for you, Google is a better teacher than that twat, is more patient, and will probably explain it better. Count your blessings she didn't offer to help.

The teacher could have been a male. EDIT: I reread and saw the word she. My bad.

The gender is pretty much completely irrelevant in this situation. Even if the FML didn't say the word 'she', would it make a difference what assumptions people made? Stop trying to correct people on pointless little things, you'll just end out looking like a douche.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Get a tutor or ask another professor. Some Professors are douches like that and you have to adapt.

That professor is not a douche at all. Google helps teach very basic understandings of things. OP must have asked a million stupid questions causing the prof to get pissed.

Iknowsomestuff 9

So teach, are you trying too convince me that you're useless as an asshole right here? (points to elbow) Well guess what, you just convinced me. Unfortunately you can't then go to the calendar and cross off her next week of work.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Also some people are like this in the workplace so take this as an opportunity to prepare yourself.

ArielTheMermaid 17

I hate bad teachers. Maybe try to find another teacher?

She's right. Google helps. Helps everytime I need something

dirton89 7

Don't believe everything the Internet throws at you bruddah

Angelrose2004 17

You're not hopeless, OP. Chemistry is a tough subject! Check with your school and see if they have a science lab with tutors. Fyl for having a worthless professor when tuition is so expensive!