By Stripes_And_Dots - 14/09/2013 06:26 - Australia - Langley

Today, I asked a friend to hang out. I'm so used to people saying no, that when she said yes I burst into tears and had a panic attack. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 896
You deserved it 7 449

Stripes_And_Dots tells us more.

Firstly, I'm not insane or anything. I have chronic depression and very negative self-esteem. I was talking to her over facebook, so she didn't see me have a flip out. I actually have quite a few friends, but since finishing high school last year everyone is so busy working or at university that we rarely have any time to hang out. I had three friends in high school who I was especially close to and two of them pretty much shut me off. For about a year now every time I've asked them to hang out they've said no, one of the blatantly lies about being busy or tired because she just can't be bothered. The other one, the one I asked, has moved out of home and has been struggling to pay rent and bills, so she's been working lots. I'm so used to hearing them say no, that when she said yes it shocked me and I didn't know how to react - hence triggering the panic attack. Once I'd calmed down I was excited and we're going to have lunch on Monday :)

Top comments

jw90 18

Did she turn around and say never mind?

Good things happen to good people, OP. have a great time out with your friend...

Comments

Aww :( I hope you guys still got to hang out!

You must be a very cool person to hang out with.

sounds very much like my "friends", but i am glad to see that someone that you care about seems to have mutual feelings. :)

Don't worry OP, explain yourself and hopefully she will agree to hangout with you. If not, someother friend might :-) Don't give up trying. Good luck OP :-)

Wizardo 33

Living life on the edge I see... the edge of sanity that is.

Having panic attacks does not make someone insane.

True, 26, which is why 18 said "on the edge of sanity" which still means sane. OP, I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend and have some much needed fun to pull you from that edge.

llnursingll 10

good luck!!! hope you have lots of fun!

perdix 29

I guess now you know why most people say no.

hope you still got to hang out with them!

perdix 29

Aw, I'll be your friend. I said that just to see you flip out so I can laugh at you. . . OK, no, WITH you! Hahahaha!

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

Asking Perdix to stop? BLASPHEMY!!!

Spider_Web 11

Even Perdix and DocBastard get buried..