By davey d - 15/03/2012 16:13 - United Kingdom

Today, I asked a co-worker if he'd cover for me while I slipped out to cash some money at the bank. When I got back, I found out that when he said "yeah, sure" he actually meant "yeah, sure, I'll tell the boss and get your dumb arse suspended". FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 983
You deserved it 13 229

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

A100893 30

Let karma get him and always have cash ready.

flashback.miss 28

Didn't the tone of voice tip you off? Or rather, you waited until after your shift was over to run to the bank? How critical was it for yu to do it during your hours?

RedPillSucks 31

Well, some banks keep 9-4 hours and people work during those hours. What he probably should have done was use his lunch hour/half-hour to do those chores.

Xquisite1 28
KiddNYC1O 20

25, Unless he didn't have access to the bank nearby, some people only have half an hour break a day which means if the bank is 15 minutes away from you you're never going to get time to be there.

83 - then that would mean he would be getting paid for over a half an hour of running around to do his own errands... It doesn't matter how long it takes him, or what his banks hours are. He is adult enough to handle a job he needs to be adult enough to manage his time to get his errands done as well.

84, Suggestions like that lead to people taking unnecessary sick leave because they can't do what they need to to get by in their own lives. Priority one for everyone will be themselves, regardless of what an employer might want. A little understanding would go a long way to make the working environment harmonious for everyone, and I really don't see why a big deal has to be made over something so insignificant. When I need to do something like this, I check to see if it is ok to take the 30 minutes and then do what needs to be done. Some employers acknowledge that a good work/life balance is fundamental for good business, then theres others who just don't quite get it.

You could ask your boss in a nice way,,

Isn't this called a lunch break, where you can eat on the go while still getting some personal errands finished?

Why not just ask your boss. It'll protect you in the long run, especially considering what just happened.

ifoundalaska 11

That persons an asshole, I feel very bad for you. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt though and assume that most people would not tell on you like they're in kindergarten, and that you were just very unlucky in this case.

shizzathon 5

He's a douche for doing that, of course, but you sorta deserved it for leaving work on the sly.

justhanging 6

I really think we need more context for "yeah, sure, I'll tell the boss and get your dumb arse suspended." If the boss noticed you were missing and asked him where you were, I don't think you should expect him to lie for you. On the other hand, if he ran to the boss as soon as you were out that door to tell him/her that you left, he's a jerk.