By ... - 15/04/2012 21:26 - United States - Clermont

Today, I arrived at work, only to find my computer's massive CRT monitor had been smashed up beyond belief. Everyone else has flat-screen monitors, and I'd made no secret of how unfair it is to me. According to my boss, this makes me the obvious culprit, and now I'm suspended. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 737
You deserved it 2 787

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks OP. Better than being fired though. But why would he think you would be dumb enough to break your own monitor? You would only be affecting your work ability.

The CRT monitor hater doth protest too much, methinks.

Comments

perdix 29

You had motive and opportunity. If you didn't Make It Happen On Purpose, you Let It Happen On Purpose. Haven't you learned anything from the 9/11 Truth-tellers?

TheDrifter 23

Wait, in the spirit of 9/11 truth tellers, shouldn't the monitor have withstood the impact? It's Big Brother framing you Op.

perdix 29

Yes, I think the OP ought to submit to his boss the Cheech & Chong song, "I Was Framed" as evidence that proves his innocence. That oughta work!

NoFeet 4

I don't think your boss likes you very much...

NoFeet 4

I have no idea how to respond to that, so... Do you like cheese? :D

Look at the bright side: If you're ever reinstated, they will have to give you a new monitor

That sucks OP. Next time don't make it known that you hate it so much because it is a perfect opportunity to frame you. Any co-workers that you've had an argument with recently? People these days...

They shouldn't be able to suspend you without proof

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

#16- Ha! The (especially American) workplace becomes more and more corrupt each year. Unfairness is no longer an argument, and the legal systen favors those with more money. If you're not on top, you lose. Sad but true. Often makes me wonder what has become of the world.

^I agree wholeheartedly with this. I lost my last job because "I was a good employee but didn't meet the expectations of the job". Made no damn sense and I never received any feedback to indicate I was going in the wrong direction. Ah, the beauty of at will employment.

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

75, I had a friend who got fired from her job. Luckily, she lives in a state with unlawful termination laws, so she could sue (for racism, sexual harrassment, and more!). Unfortunately, she only ended up getting $6000 after being tied up in the legal system for 3 years. It makes me mad thinking about it, because she went through unjust treatment, and, on top of that, couldn't get a job for two years afterwards.

LCD Monitor > CRT monitor > No monitor. Your boss isn't very smart. Sucks your got suspended!

Michael_92 20

AMOLED monitor > LED monitor > LCD monitor > No monitor :p haha. Anyway OP make the best of your time off. Enjoy it and don't feel bad cause your boss in an ass.

Michael_92 20

Yea but I got voted down :(

bizarre_ftw 21

Lawyers. Get lawyers involved.

perdix 29

Naw, get a PI to find the true culprit. Magnum is a good one, or the teenagers from Scooby Doo. Those meddling kids always win.

That stupid dog too. ******* Great Danes, always messing shit up....

Yes, but only if you plan on smashing the lawyers the same way you smashed your monitor.

You doctors always want to smash us lawyers. Until your wives want to divorce you and take all your stuff!

NoFeet 4

I thumbed this down JUST because your picture creeped me out.

At least hopefully you'll get a new monitor or they'll prob give you another garbage one aha

Hahaha! Ooh well find a job with a boss that is not an ass

Easier said than done. A new job in this economy plus a boss that's not an ass? Impossible.

Hmmm yea valid point. That sucks for the OP then :(

TheBonzaiGirl 0

One does not simply find a job nowadays... They aren't just laying around and you can be like, "oh lookie there! A job!"

TheBonzaiGirl 0

One does not simply "find" one of these rare items called jobs......

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

She had to post it twice from DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS. How nice is THAT?

Shamus... Your wittiness failed! It's the same account!