By kidswithnomanners - 05/09/2011 17:04 - United States

Today, I approached my daughter and told her she needs to clean her room. Her response was, "Thank you Captain Obvious." She's 4. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 317
You deserved it 10 258

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saIty 17

Her new name is now Catherine Obvious.

Jade: we gotta get out of here! Tori: yeah. thank you. katharine obvious! Trina: what?  Tori: i said, thank you katharine obvious! Robbie: did she say KATHARINE obvious? Andre: it’s captain obvious.. Tori: huh? Jade: the expression is thank you CAPTAIN obvious. Tori: it’s not katharine? Trina: no. Beck: who would katharine be? Tori: katharine could be a captain. 

Comments

Mahomie123 0
nixter5 18

You learn a lot of important stuff in kindergarten.

It be funnier if she said "No shit sherlock!"

fakeaccountX 6

Chill out, that's adorable. At least she didn't swear.

enonymous 8

Is there a new Dora the explorer character called captain obvious I don't know about? or is this kid just plain awesome?

LiveLaughFML 10

i am going to be nice to your kid. she may end up being my boss one day.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

inb4 fml user, "Captain Obvious" makes his obligatory post.

what was the point in that comment 45?

allisonbredow 0
SirObvious 1

Who's this "Captain Obvious"?

Her next obvious observation would have been me whipping her damn ass with a belt.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but are four year olds even capable of cleaning their own rooms?

enonymous 8

95 - I was told I was in charge of cleaning the house while still in the womb... I still cleaned everything and left mints on the pillow too. Oh yes I did windows too.

LaydiexSkull 3

-96, did you paint the house and put shingles on the roof too?

Did you follow up by asking who raised you!?

@95 If they are old enough to mess it up...

enonymous 8

111 - Yes even when I was born I slapped my own ass and cut the cord. Then I slapped the doctor for dropping me.

sleepRX 16

130- I bet you were handed a Dos Equis right when you came out of the womb. ;)

sleepRX 16

130- I bet you were handed a Dos Equis right when you came out of the womb. ;)

enonymous 8

141 - I already had a little captain in me first ;) and in not talking bout the drink.

saIty 17

Her new name is now Catherine Obvious.

XenaWP 6

Jump on that! You don't want her being rude like that.. Or she will turn into a brat.

Jade: we gotta get out of here! Tori: yeah. thank you. katharine obvious! Trina: what?  Tori: i said, thank you katharine obvious! Robbie: did she say KATHARINE obvious? Andre: it’s captain obvious.. Tori: huh? Jade: the expression is thank you CAPTAIN obvious. Tori: it’s not katharine? Trina: no. Beck: who would katharine be? Tori: katharine could be a captain. 

MrSexyPants 14

Thank you 54, for bringing back that great memory that isn't exactly mine but it was hilarious!

ibedestinie 0

lol!! you must be a fan! ; ) thanks for making me laugh.. again

cuddlebunny3548 11
Haidee 0
autumnxxbottom 0

Somebody's been watching Victorious ;D I love that show haha

MissBunnyWillEat 11

Nawwww, ya think? I figured she's just an intellectual genius and thought of that on her own.

In the words of the four year old, "thank you captain obvious!"

leonaXD 0

Sorry, but would you go back to fourth grade English?

Do you have any older kids? She might have heard it from them. Don't worry, she may still respect you.

saIty 17

I hope you're calling your dong a bitc*. If not go run through traffic naked, and get run over by a bus.

This is what Russel Peters Is talking about when he says you need to beat your kids

rich203 0

Beat em like they stole somethin

BeastlyFrog 7

"My parents beat my ass." "My parents beat my ass, too!" "Me, too!" "I got sent to my room." "YOU HAVE A ROOM?!"

Lexiloulynn 2

Pugs not drugs! That shirt is from Delia's!:)

"Come here girl." "Yeah, mom?" *hits* "What was that for?!" "Just in case."

darkwing119 5

Would you like to get beaten as a kid

#113 was beaten as a kid. F$&@en hell if I will ever talk back, and I still have the highest love and respect for both of my parents.

GlitteryMasakali 1
fallapart 5

113- Just an fyi, parents beat their kids for discipline. If your parents beat you that's a sign for love. If they didn't care for you they wouldn't have done anything and you could have been a terrible talk backing child. Because they beat you, it shows they want you to become a better person.

Somebody gonna get a hurt real baaaadddd

Kids say the darnest things. *chuckles*