By Ido - 14/06/2016 00:51 - United States - Satellite Beach

Today, I announced my engagement on social media. I got more people telling me how stupid I was than any actually congratulating me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 290
You deserved it 3 118

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm pretty sure there's something you aren't telling us for that to be the case.

Definitely think there is more to this story...

Comments

Maybe they know something you don't? See if you can't get some objectivity out of them...?

Rosebudx 32

I know nothing about your or your fiance, but if all of your family and friends are telling you that you are making a mistake, there is almost definitely something more than meets the eye. One or two people might be jealous or just bitter, but more than that... Sit down and have a chat with some of these people, and remember that marriage is not something to enter flippantly or with reckless abandon. Do you really want to be with your fiance years down the road?

Somethig tells me u are probably super young or extremely immature or both

Yeah, I'm going to need the full story on this one. If the majority of your friends and family disapprove, typically, it's within good reason.

Either something wrong with your fiancé or with your friends.

Firstly, congratulations! Secondly, they shouldn't have embarrassed you on social media. Good gracious! Thirdly, perhaps they want what they think is best for you, just that they showed it in a stupid way. Unless they've been telling you from the get go what's wrong about your relationship... This post definitely needs a follow-up lol. Fourthly, you're the one who's going to marry perhaps the man of your dreams, not them, so unless there really is something wrong abour your significant other, then don't worry about them. Fifthly, yeah I numbered my paragraphs because I'm just that lame.

Fair point ^_^ I think embarrassing OP like that isn't the way to go. BUT perhaps there really is something wrong in the relationship. Hopefully the family and friends can help OP out! On the other hand, I'm truly sorry no one liked the lameness in my previous comment. ^_^;;

If they are making public comments like this then either OP lives their life on Facebook or they've tried to talk to her already and they just are not listening. It's probably a combination of both.

Why would you count? Trust you decision.

go out into the world and show those people wrong op. don't let other people's opinions make you think less about yourself or anything else

msmedieval 11

How old are you two & how long have you known each other? I'm betting the answer to one of these is the reason so many people you know are against it.