By insomniacap - 30/12/2014 23:47 - United States - Stratford

Today, I am struggling with exhaustion due to insomnia. The reason I cannot sleep is crippling anxiety - not about my complicated romantic situation, my pileup of work, or even my relationship with my father. No, I'm afraid of a blind ship captain I saw in a dream three days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 604
You deserved it 4 973

Same thing different taste

Top comments

godspeedkills 8

But if you think about it, the blind ship captain you see in your dreams could be an archetype of the anxiety you're not facing in your daily life. Now that's deep!

Comments

Riften_Guard 14

It's ok op, all of us have our crazy fears

pwnman 33

OP, you really need to sea that it as just a dream! It wasn't reality! Seal the horror away from your mind.

LovelessAlex 18

I sea your problem...at least the captain can't.

We all have our own worries and fears, OP. I hope that you'll be able to relax and get some sleep soon!

As someone who suffers from insomnia, I know that it's pretty hard to just relax. Even in bed with lights off... the mind continues to wander and it's hard to shut it off. What sometimes works for me is having the tv on in the background as I try to fall asleep. The noise distracts me from thoughts that keep me up. See what works for you, OP.

godspeedkills 8

But if you think about it, the blind ship captain you see in your dreams could be an archetype of the anxiety you're not facing in your daily life. Now that's deep!

That's exactly what I thought. Like the blind captain could symbolize the fact that OP doesn't know where to go with the stress in their life. Perhaps OP should sit down and try to find baby steps towards combating the stress they have.

Or OP is the ship captain and she feels like she's on a course where she can't see what's ahead. She could be anxious because she feels like she doesn't have any direction.

Interesting! I've always been into psychology.

kellyem2 20

Captains usually represent concerns about your control over things and blindness in dreams can represent a worry that opportunities are passing you by so this is actually really spot on.

godspeedkills 8

I think we just un-****** your life, OP!

You should go to a doctor... Hopefully it goes away

Dreams are just images from your subconscious, so a doctor won't be much help. Maybe see a dream therapist OP, that might help sort out some of your inner thoughts.

Although a doctor could prescribe some sleeping pills or anti-anxiety meds to help her sleep. It's not a permanent fix, but a good night's sleep after a bout of insomnia might be worth it.

Man. That's intense. Good news is, unless you live on a boat you're probably safe from the cap'n.

Mortoli 30

I dunno he's blind if live near sea he/she screwed. Lol

Don't worry, he's not gunna get you. Take a deep breath, relax and try to get catch some ZZZs. You can't deal with anything if you're sleep deprived. Turn to some sleep pills if you need.

I have some ridiculous things that keep me awake at night too, OP, you're not alone! Good luck, there are such thing as sleeping pills if you really need them! (: