By Tattoo_Freak - 14/08/2015 11:08 - South Africa - Roodepoort

Today, I am 1,000 days sober and drug-free. I suffer from depression and I am craving terribly. I have a migraine and a bladder infection. And I can deal with all of this. But what I can't deal with is my dipshit coworker asking if I want to go out for drinks and snort cocaine to celebrate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 074
You deserved it 2 449

Tattoo_Freak tells us more.

Tattoo_Freak 15

OP here. Thank you guys and girls for all this amazing support! I am truly humbled. #17, I have read and re-read your message. Thank you so very much. #108, Congratulations to your mom! It is always great to hear of other people's success. #134, 49 days and going strong. Well done! Take it one day at a time. To everyone I haven't mentioned, please know that I have read all of your comments, and I will continue to read them every day. It is support like this that keeps me going during the difficult and dark times.

Top comments

I think your coworker took the "share a coke with" advertisement a bit too literally.

Wow, that sucks. Your coworker sounds really inconsiderate. Sorry OP

Comments

hippodankamus 22

Congrats on your sobriety, OP. And just ignore your coworker, he sounds like an ass.

My YDI was not on purpose. You rock, keep up the great job!

OP, that's a huge achievement! Even though your co-worker is being an ass about it, I'm sure all of your family and friends (as well as all of us here at FML) are proud of you for staying sober :) Congrats!

I know that most people won't read this, but I hope the OP will. OP, you are doing amazingly. Getting off any addiction is a great achievement, and even though the depression is tough, your past actions show you how strong you are, and three years is an amazing feat, and worth every second. I hope the pain passes, but I have faith that someone like you won't relapse, so keep up the amazing work, I'm sure your friends and family are ridiculously proud of you, and if I could beat an addiction like you did, I would be prouder than I've ever been before. Keep looking forward, someone with your strength has amazing potential :).

people need to to read this. especially OP.

This doesn't have enough upvotes. Congrats OP, stay strong and don't let the bastards drag you down with them.

Wow, so many people are dicks anymore. But congratulations on being 1000 days clean!

keep at it. I started at a young age, it was hard to quit. but power through, you can do it. oh yeah you're coworker is a dumbass.

That awful coworker should get a life and not make fun of you, but congrats on being 1000 days sober and drug free OP

First of all congratulations on 1000 days sober. That is one hell of an accomplishment and even though I have no clue who you are I am somproud of you! Don't give in to your idiot coworker! You are so strong honey, and I sincerely hope you get better soon!!

maybe you need some lady time alone, to relax and unwind... they say its great at relieving stress

BaDumTsss_fml 23