By Jelly_Hell - 03/11/2016 20:24

Today, I almost got hit by a car because the kid in the back who was wearing headphones was paying more attention to the road than the driver. He only just stopped her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 464
You deserved it 772

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is it just me or does this make no sense at all?

hunterluv1 20

Okay, so what i believe is going on here is that OP is saying that the kid in the back seat of the car that almost him her/her was paying more attention to the road than the driver of that car. That kid was the one that alerted that driver to stop before they could hit OP's car. but i could be wrong...

Comments

Is it just me or does this make no sense at all?

I'm trying to figure it out as well and haven't come up with anything.

1ronlady 24

Yes it didn't make sense the first time I read it. Had to read it again to understand

For a second I thought I forgot how to read.

The kid in the back was watching the road while the driver wasn't, the kid pointed out the pedestrian at the last minute to the driver, who wasn't paying attention :(

the kid was a boy the driver was his mom he only just stopped her. you're welcome

it's not just you. YDI for writing incomprehensible fmls

The driver wasn't paying attention but the kid was. The kid told the driver to stop.

hunterluv1 20

Okay, so what i believe is going on here is that OP is saying that the kid in the back seat of the car that almost him her/her was paying more attention to the road than the driver of that car. That kid was the one that alerted that driver to stop before they could hit OP's car. but i could be wrong...

Thank you! For some reason I could not figure it out..

That's what I understood from it as well. I have done the same as the kid in the back with headphones. Sometimes people just don't see things.

That's also what I understood, however I feel like OP was a pedestrian. Also could be wrong.

That'd what I understood as well. Took me 15 minutes though

Why was this FML so hard to understand for some people? I got it the first time I read it. Is it like that riddle with the surgeon and the boy, where people get confused because they didn't realise the surgeon was a woman, and the boy's mother? O.o

A boy in the back of the car stopped the driver from hitting OP.

Wow, that was written badly. I had to work hard to decipher it. This is supposed to be fun!

I couldnt understand it either - I read the comments to see if I was the only one, but its 422 in the morning where I am

I mean I personally understood it just fine but maybe that's because I never make any sense either! Besides that, how did you even find out that it was the kid who stopped her?

Let me clear this up for those who don't get it. The OP was almost hit by a car because the driver of said car wasn't paying attention. The kid in the back of the car was, and he alerted the driver.

Wow thank you this was definitely needed because there weren't five other explanations above yours.

Well, from what I saw, people were still a bit confused up there, so I decided to explain it in simple sentences, so (almost) everyone understands it.

FYL for almost getting hit (I think), but YDI for making my brain hurt this early in the morning.

Okayy, but I'm just wondering why it's the kid in the back seats fault when it's not their job to pay attention to either the road or driver. Why isn't the driver held accountable?

No one's holding the kid accountable for the driver's actions- OP is just upset that, if the kid HADN'T been in the car, they would have been hit.

Where did anyone say it was the kids fault?