By Hungrey - 29/05/2012 01:38 - United States

Today, I admitted to my parents that I have an eating disorder. Instead of trying to help, my mom stared at me and said, "Duh". FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 588
You deserved it 4 405

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently you're not the only one who needs to see a therapist.

Get help somewhere else, your mom's being an uncaring bitch.

Comments

No offense OP but if you're at one end of the two extremes (extremely overweight/skinny) my response would be exactly the same. Also if you have an eating disorder it's hard to hide. You may have been trying to hide it from them unsucesfully and they've known by your habits and behavior the whole time. It's like catching someone with their hand in the cookie jar while they simultainiously admit "I'm stealing a cookie." Well, no duh!

While it may seem obvious to OP's family, OP's self image is drastically distorted if she does have an eating disorder. Admitting that a problem exists is a key first step in overcoming and treating the illness.

Oh I totally agree. It is the first step and I'm glad OP took that first step but like I explained, her parents couldve potentially been aware the whole time and she couldve been oblivious to it. OP don't worry about your mom saying "duh". You should now plan ahead for what your next step will be in tackling this head on.

beccaishereyay 11
wildsweetchild 19

On the bright side, at least you realized that you have a problem and need help. I'd say don't give up and seek help somewhere else, where they can actually help you! Good luck!

Oh OP, you mum is just trying to fit in by using acronyms... Duh could have meant anything from "Duke University Hospital" ( was she pointing?... Ok ok) to maybe "Dont Under-eat Honey" or maybe "dats unbelievably hungry". Can anyone else help op figure out her mums new way of talking aka her insensitiveness ?

Yes it is helping ... Don't be an attention wanting punk "oh I have a problem with blah blah..." well u could keep whining or you could shut the hell up and fix your issue instead of crying on the Internet

beastroish 0

Look up focus healthcare... They have programs for that and they are amazing at treating the whole person mind and body.... Plus it's like the ritz of rehabs:-)

I had an eating disorder myself, the best thing to do is to seek help not only by seeing a therapist but also seeking spritral help. Honestly spritral helped me more then seeing a therapist but it depends on what works for you. Hope you get better!

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

I don't know Sprite had healing qualities. The more you know!

perdix 29

The Lord spelleth and the Lord taketh away [spelling skills]. It's all in there. Hallelujah!

Valefor197 5

That is just inconsiderate of her. I hope you can get help elsewhere, like other family members or therapists, and overcome it.

That bitch. I can't stand ignorant mothers like that. Sorry OP

KaelaKhaotic 5

Your mom's a ******* bitch.