By nomorexbox - 26/04/2011 19:20 - United States

Today, I actually heard my 14 year old son muse to himself, "If I can drive drunk in Grand Theft Auto, how hard could it be in real life?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 053
You deserved it 13 446

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just about every teenager I know has been playing M games since they were like 10... I guarantee you 85% of all Call of Duty players are below 18..-_-

Comments

hahaa I suck at driving in that game :3 but it's still fun though .

hubla 0

o no you put a space between the end of the sentence and your period o no fix it before the world ends for the love of god.

hubla, your supposed to wait until someone corrects it before you go off with your sarcasm..

every1luvsvag 10

If you're going to pretend to be a grammar Nazi, at least capitalise correctly, and learn how to spell 'oh'. That is all

319- If you're going to correct someone else's corrections, at least correct yourself first. That is all.

every1luvsvag 10

Thank you 348. Also, 319, if you read the sentence, you will see where I corrected from mid-sentence, meaning no capitalizaton is necessary. **** you, eat a dick, I win.

Here comes the inevitable torrent of comments blaming videogames for our youth's fallacies, even though videogames only make you more likely to do something that you were already predispositioned to do.

oooor just maybe your a dipshit and games desensitize kids into thinking things like drunk driving and shooting people isn't so bad because their kids and don't fully realize the difference between a video game and reality

I'm 15 and neither I nor my friends think that way when we play video games. studies have shown that most cases where video games cause people to do illegal crap, those people already had mental/emotional problems.

4XxXo_OxXx4 0

I think the issue here is that adults who think video games desensitize kids are under the impression that the kids are as dumb the adults. Don't worry, 21, it would appear that many 15-year-olds have more sense than you :)

johnson94 5

I'm quite sure that you have the ability to beat hookers with dildoes on there... if it's that easy on grand theft auto than how hard could it be in real life?

So that's where the sham-wow guy got itt! ;D

O.o.... perhaps you shouldn't let him play GTA anymore.

The parent really cant be blamed, I mean being 14 and not being able to tell that being drunk in the game does not affect the player who actually controls the game. The kid is just dumb.

The parent had 14 years to instill some semblance of reason in his head, and failed.

Yeah to me the YDI stems not from the fact that the kid is playing GTA (although that is still kinda bad) but the fact that the parent has raised a kid that can't make the distinction between video games and reality. I think if you're gonna let your kid play games that were made for adults that you make it clear that what they're playing is a game.

TheBadger1 0

Ydi for lack of parenting. Don't blame the game. Blame yourself for not teaching your idiot kid the difference between reality and fantasy. In fact just stop breeding. Please.

hahaha :) glad you blame the parenting and not the videogame.

Its not that hard I do it all The time.