This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By tobuscus9412 - 28/06/2016 11:37

Today, I "accidentally" kissed another girl while wasted at a party. My friend convinced me being honest was the right thing to do, so I told my girlfriend. She broke up with me on the spot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 447
You deserved it 21 688

Top comments

Well you can sort of see her point - this time it was an "accidental" kiss. Next time it might be an "accidental" anal threesome. Once she can't trust you it's going to end badly.

Do you really expect anyone to feel bad for you for cheating? Smh FHL because now she might have trouble trusting guys... YDI

Comments

hellobobismyname 24

Your friend was right: being honest was the right thing. Doing the right thing doesn't always mean you get what want, like getting away with cheating. It sounds like if you could, you would go back in time and be dishonest with your gf instead. It makes you scum. You cheated. This is the consequence. You deserved it. End of story. Don't act like your friend gave you bad advice. And maybe if you took 100 percent responsibility instead of telling your gf you cheated "accidentally" then maybe it wouldn't have ended this way. But honestly, I don't see any other way it could've.

sohigh10 34

You weren't entitled to a second chance at all and I don't understand why you thought being honest to her was her privilege? That said, it was a drunken kiss, if you two really loved each other, your relationship would have survived this.

Putting accidental in quotes kind of insinuates guilt.

Accidentally? Did you slip on something?

I hate to break it to you, but what you do when you're drunk is what you thought about doing when sober.

Telling the truth was the right thing to do. However, you get no sympathy for what you did. This wasn't an accident, people who cheat while drinking are often the ones who have entertained the idea while sober, alcohol is NEVER an excuse. It isn't an excuse to drink and drive, it isn't an excuse to be a cheating asshole, you can usually still control yourself, and if you can't, well don't drink, it isn't something that's needed.

awildwhisper 30

Your friend gave you the right advice and you are looking for sympathy in the wrong place.

species4872 19

Everyday, your a wanker who deserved nothing less. You should come with a warning for the next girl.

You say "accidentally" almost like you intend it; at least that's the context I'm getting from it. Bro, of course she's going to break up with you. How would you feel if she got wasted and made out with some guy you don't know? And if you're at the point where you can't control yourself enough to not cheat on your gf, maybe this is a wakeup call to tone down the drinking

What did you think she's going to say? It's okay? Alcohol does not justify your actions.