By youfuckingslut - 11/11/2012 19:11 - United States

Today, I accidentally bumped into another car on the road. The worst of the damage was a slight chip to the other driver's paint, but she played it up so much that she ended up being taken away in an ambulance. I'm now terrified that the crazy bitch is going to sue me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 686
You deserved it 3 355

Same thing different taste

Comments

That happened to me once. A lady was trying to cross a road and she kept edging up. I saw that there were no cars, and she started to go so I moved up. She then slammed her brakes causing me to barely touch her bumper. She insisted on calling the police and when they arrived they asked where the damage was ( yes that's how little damage was caused, more like a scratch) after she said there was the officer asked if there was anything else and then she started to say her sons neck was hurting and I gave him whiplash, and at that point I accidentally said your full of shit, and the officer agreed. I hate when people are like that.

Johnny accidentally hits Susie's bumper Susie isn't a bitch about it because she isn't hurt. Good on you, Susie. Road etiquette. Super simple stuff.

If only it worked that way! Noooooo let's make a huge deal about nothing, most of the time.

Life_sucks_13 6

I have to say at least the officer agreed with you.

She'll be the one to be laughed at once the hospital sees she's fine. And if she does sue- jokes on her cuz guess who'll pay court costs for being a drama queen? Not you.

P1P_BOY 6

Itll be funny if she has x rays and the doctor laughs.... The wort thing that probably happened to her was she broke a nail.

Dash-cams all the way. It wouldnt stop her taking legal action, but it would stop her claiming all the whiplash etc

Legendoflaw 4

A dash cam can't see her getting whiplash unless she was Tboned.

Hope took pictures if car i had a lady try claim i did more damage then i did on her car other week

Maria_Obligacia 14

#18, you don't know how much damage is to the car till the mechanic actually looks. Happened to me you know.

I agree 43, my car was written off when I thought I would be able to drive it after a car accident. It looked fine from the outside. I'm guessing this isn't the same in OPs case though.

KiddNYC1O 20
mbusey 20

She'll be told no by any attorney she goes to. She has no case.

idk this chick sued mcdounald because their coffee burned her (hence why you see the caution hot liquids warning on the side of the coffie cups)

mbusey 20

In the McDonald's case, the coffee was actually over the heat limit, so that woman had a case.

true but what im saying is people find stupid things to sue about all the time (they just have to find a good unethical lawyer) (and a different example is the guy who broke into someones house and got hurt and sued the homeowner for the damages)

mizuki123 8

Did you see the pictures of her burns? She had a legit reason.

i would just think its common sence to think that coffee is hot (but idk i usually burn my mouth on coffee so mabie thats why)

Mearemoi 14

#80 - The coffee was over boiling temperature, and gave the woman 3rd degree burns. She had a legit reason.

egc573 40

Both sides were liable. McDonald's was just MORE liable. Part of the reason that the woman's (Stella Liebeck) burns were that bad was because she put the coffee cup in between her legs. Who the hell does that with any warm beverage, let alone boiling-hot coffee? All the same, she was quite right to sue. Funny enough, on another, similar FML there was a LONG thread about this same case. I guess it'll never really lose the "frivolous" label.

honestly i was just useing that as an example and there are plenty of other examples that i could have used (probably should have picked another one but still)

egc573 40

There are plenty of good examples 126. One of my personal favorites is the judge who sued a small dry-cleaning company for 54 MILLION in damages. Why the lawsuit? They lost his pants. Don't worry, he lost and is no longer a judge. But he sure makes for a great example.

The woman had over 2nd degree burns and asked for only 10,000$ to cover her medical bills....

Don't worry OP, Karma is one hell of a bitch...

People find the easiest ways to make money. I was at fault in a car accident and was actually injured. The other parties (I hit more than one car :/ ) ran the same day to get attorneys. It was never proven that anyone was injured, but they wanted to sue for my car and then sue my insurance. Each person got $6,500.

That is what insurance is for. I wouldn't worry about it. Yes, people are happy to sue but unless she has enough evidence that you caused that much damage, what can she really get?

SystemofaBlink41 27

It's a shame you weren't sure she was going to sue you... If she was, you could've at least made it worthwhile, like grab a baseball bat and make it look like a real car accident...

Maria_Obligacia 14

Are you SERIOUS??? You would do THAT?!You think it's a good idea?!!!! You are a horrible, vile person to justify such a horrible assault on a person after he already hit her car!

If she was that big of a bitch, yes. If she tries to sue for bullshit charges, yes. People dont realize that if you sue someone, it can ruin their lives financially, mentally, emotionally, everything. If you are that big of a greedy bitch thinking about suing someone for bullshit, yes she deserves it.

i agree but im probably not a good example i have anger issues

Damn she's either a really good actress, or the ambulance people are idiots.

Legendoflaw 4

The 'ambulance people' are called paramedics. And they're not idiots you idiot. If you got hurt, even though it was not imediately identifiable, would you want them to look at you and say "aww, it's alright, you're definitely faking." I got hurt in an auto accident and it took the doctors 2 months to finally run an MRI on me to see that I had hairline fractures on 4 of my vertabrae. Not one bruise. The medical team fused my bones together.

Paramedics aren't doctors, their job is to get people as safely as possible to the hospital to be evaluated. It's not their job to determine who's faking or not. If they refuse medical attention based on assumptions, they'll be the ones dealing with a lawsuit.