By crookedteeth - 27/08/2009 17:23 - United States

Today, for my birthday, my mom presented me with a $4,000 check to pay for my braces. I've been very self-conscious about my teeth for years. Everyone applauded and told me how happy they were for me. Later, my mom asked me for the check back. Apparently it was just meant to make her look good. FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 311
You deserved it 2 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sapphielily 12

what a bitch, who is so self-absorbed that they would crush their kid in order to look good to others. I feel for you.

skiBOAT 0

You should bite her neck off with your snaggletooth(s).

Comments

Punch her in the mouth so she can feel your pain!

win stupid ******* parents and their using their kids money for the record, intoxicunt your post on the 20,000 lawn was also ftw

Thank you! I officially have more people telling me my comments are "gold", "win", etc. than I do haters. :)

screeewed 0
zee209 0

That's terrible! I'm sorry to hear that she did that! Hopefully you'll find someway to get the money :(

I'd also tell everyone what she did, I was saddened to read this.

Kristoffer 35

That's when you send a mass email to everyone she was trying to "look good" for telling them what happened :D Also put it on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace if you use those services.

"Today my daughter sent a mass e-mail, and changed her status in facebook explaining that the $4,000 I gave her for birthday were just to look good. It was all true, and now everyone labeled me as public bitch #1. FML"

acd23 0

@ #61-- If that FML was posted on this site, I'd click YDI without a doubt. OP, I really hope you didn't give her that check back. She may be your mom, but she gave you that check for your birthday, and so it's still yours. Go cash it in, and fix your teeth! Nothing's worse than feel self-conscious about something you can actually fix.

That's so mean. This is what I would do. Get Alice Cullen to turn you into a vampire. Go on animals and hide in shady forks for a little bit with the Cullens so that you won't expose their species accedentally. Then go eat your mother. Then go back to Edward and "borrow" the eight thousand bucks for braces. (They're rich , they don't need it :p) Be a vampire with braces for a bit. When they get taken off, start dating Jacob (Eh , just to make it more interesting) After you expose vampires and/or werewolves or have one f***ed up baby with Jacob, hide in your room for the rest of your life and have your biggest life goal to be getting one million friends on Facebook and beating Fred's subscribers on Youtube :) Ok I'm kidding. But that would make a great fifth book for the Twilight saga :p :)

ky_stone22 0

ohhh crap, #19, I'm not sure you understand what you just got yourself into

JustCallMeCloud 0

I would say, FYL JoBroCrazyy_14, but it seems like you don't have one.

Actually, nigahiga recently beat Fred as far as subscribers. So really, beating nigahiga be the ultimate goal?

mmm hmmm did u forget to take ur meds.... the jonas brothers? teh ******* (well i guess not actually *******, damn purity rings) JONAS BROTHERS??? WTF MAN?!?!?!?

Haha, I saw that. Nigahiga is awesome. :D OP: That sucks. Just tell everyone what happened, she won't look so good now, will she? ;

Punkpoptart1119 20

WTF? Twilight totally sucks.

I agree, everytime someone compliments twilight a newborn kitten dies painfully

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

YES! You see, thanks to the NHS all people in the UK with ****** up teeth get freeeeee orthodontic treatment. =D

heh it's not just American's that have to pay.. I'm Canadian and it's considered cosmetic surgery and not covered under all work plans :P

Wow, that's a lot people. I kid, I kid. For the most part...

echarperouge 0

...shame nobody uses it then. (I kid, I kid)

Wow... try not to let this get you down! It's never too late to get braces -- my dad's wife just got them, and she just turned 50! Anyways, yeah. Your mom is an asshole.

FHL, go out and enjoy your new braces, it's what she gets for being an Indian giver to look good infront of her friends.

Tell her to **** off and go deposit the check.