By Anonymous - 19/10/2016 10:54 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, during my shift as a vet nurse, I picked up a gorgeous cat for cuddles, only to discover it was covered with pee. And now I am too. I still have 4 hours of my shift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 430
You deserved it 2 488

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you didn't stab yourself in the shoulder.

Since people will reply with a lame pun, I'll start with URINE TROUBLE. But seriously, as a vet tech/assistant been there done that be thankful with wasn't nasty smelling anal glands :) always bring an extra pair of scrubs, you never know what will happen.

Comments

First rule of working with people or animals in close contact: Always have a complete (and I mean including underwear) change of clothes nearby. In human care you're not allowed to work in clothes that came in contact with bodily fluids. I would assume it's the same in animal care? That still sucks a lot OP! But at least you'll now know for the future :D

a day in an animal hospital is never complete unless you are covered in at least one bodily fluid

1. if it's covered in pee it'd look wet 2. if it's cat pee you'd smell it before you touched it 3. ANY kind of pee and you'd smell it.. ydi lol

Lizzy500 16

If it's a big cotton ball of a cat, and they're laying in the puddle (which is usually the case, as they've pissed themselves from anxiety), you would neither see nor smell the urine until you've placed your hand in it picking said cat up. Bathing a stressed out cat is not always the best idea, though they'll get toweled dry at the very least. Always keep an extra set of scrubs at work or in your car.

Lol you must be fairly new to the job! Get used to it :P at least it wasn't anal gland secretions!

crystal71669 10

You're not a "vet nurse". Tech or assistant. Not nurse.

Um why was the cat covered in pee to begin with?

Because if OP is a vet nurse and that cat was kept in the clinic, it could be recovering from surgery. Animals often pee while under the effects of anesthetics. It could also have a problem such as bladder infection which causes cats to pee a lot, without being able to keep it in. There could be many reasons. It's a vet clinic anyway, i say she shouldn't even be cuddling with the animals.

As a fellow vet nurse, let me share something that you will love me for. Leave a set of clean scrubs at the clinic, which you can change into if you get puked/crapped/peed on.

Don't all nurses keep a clean set of scrubs??? If not, you should! :)