By Jessie - 25/11/2011 06:13 - United States

Today, during my boyfriend's family reunion, I started my period but didn't have any tampons. I asked my boyfriend to ask his mom if she had any. I sat on the toilet waiting, then heard him loudly ask his whole family "Does anybody have a tampon my girlfriend can have?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 479
You deserved it 4 584

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Rei_Ayanami 18

Chances are they'll never let you live it down, too. Say in ten years you're married, then somebody brings it up. You may doubt it, but people love to remember embarrassing things.

Comments

Girls usually have symptoms before their periods start. You should have known that it was a possibility and should have came prepared. Sorry but I don't have sympathy for a girl that doesn't pay attention to her own body.

True true. But not all girls are the same and some symptons arent very noticable. Honestly, myself, most i get as a "warning sympton" is a slight headache, which could be many things. However I do agree with you, she should have known better...

Symptoms? I got my period since I was 15 and it always was a surprise for me when I would get them. Never noticed any symptoms beforehand. It was only when I started to use the pill that I knew for certain when my period was going to start, but even then I didn't feel anything the days before. But yeah, if OP still has her period irregularly, she should have been prepared. Not that I did, but it was a huge risk I took.

Granted, it's always worth having supplies with you, but for all we know, she might've gotten it 2 weeks early. I've had that happen and didn't have any of my usual warning signs.

I've never had any signs, and I've never had regular periods. So I never know when I'm going to get it until I actually see the blood. And you're right that you should be prepared just in case, but I know that a tampon/ pad wouldn't be something I would think to bring to my boyfriend's family reunion, unless I was already on my period.

gabrielbaby 9

What if op was on birth control? I am, and I haven't had a period for over a year. If I got a period I wouldn't know until it happened, until I bled. Not everyone is perfectly in tune with their body. Something's do happen, sometimes a cycle changes. Not to mention what if they don't carry a purse. Not everyone does.

remz89 3

Yup, my period comes 3 times a year if I'm lucky and there are no warning signs or symptoms at all. With that being said ,I do always walk with one just in case, but hey accident happen.

lilly98ish 4

If your lucky??? Haha your SO lucky u only get it like 3 or four times seriously haha

I'm pretty sure she meant it as she was lucky to only have it three times a year and if she were unlucky, she would have it more than that.

thebelle97 5

Don't most girls bring a bag everywhere they go I know I do and I always keep tampons/pads packed

Just an FYI, not all women have symptoms before hand. I have irregular periods no warning no cramps no spotting nothing. All the sudden it just comes on full spurt. But yes, preparedness is a good idea.

Umm well some girls don't get bad cramps or anything. Mines aways a surprise

****, calm down. She obviously didn't know when she would get her period, regardless of the symptoms. Sorry if i grossed anyone out, i just think its stupid to say you have no sympathy towards OP for not knowing when she'd get her period. Most girls i know don't ******* predict when they will ride the crimson wave.

gabrielbaby 9

I agree. Not everyone is in tune with their body.

ninjuh_wingman 29

And thus ends normal family gatherings

Could be worse... What if he didn't even ask! And forgot

What's the big deal? Why is it embarasing? Can the OP grow up?

She is from neverland, silly goose. She can't grow up

this happened to me once.....thats really akward

that must have really sucked!! did you at least get one?

That awkward moment when you have to ask strangers for a tampon...

MissSynV 8

Sorry to have to be the one to break it to you, but every woman has a period. Time to grow up and put on your big girl panties, OP. Also, grow a pair and ask for your own tampons instead of making your boyfriend do it for you. It's YOUR ****** blood. Not his.

CeeCee_fml 16

She was on the toilet. Is she supposed to walk out with her pants down, dripping blood?

gabrielbaby 9

Exactly. It also sounds like op has had one before, meaning that they understand and normally are prepared.

heylesha 8

i beg to differ. My sister is 27 and has never had a period. I had a girlfriend that cant have periods. Not every girl can have one.

...but I think that there is something severly wrong with their body if they can't have periods. Really bro, we aren't talking about orgasms but about periods, which every healthy, fertile woman should have.

shrdlu 28

Anyone else bothered when someone says "grow a pair" to a woman?

JinxosGirl87 0

My sis didn't get periods due to a tumor on an ovary impairing it from happening. Perhaps a Dr. visit is in order for those who don't get periods.

Op wouldn't want to ruin her pants any more!!!

heylesha 8

75- yes, my point was that not every woman out there is a healthy woman.

thebelle97 5

Yes I was concerned about that