By Stop_HammerTime - 04/08/2014 13:51 - United Kingdom - Northwich

Today, due to a hammer-related incident, instead of receiving glass ornaments as gifts from my trip to Venice, my friends will be receiving novelty postcards of Michelangelo's David's penis. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 323
You deserved it 6 340

Stop_HammerTime tells us more.

The truth is actually much dumber than some of you are giving me credit for, and definitely warrants a YDI. I'd bought a few small glass things for my friends from Venice. They were all packaged so they made it off the plane fine. When I got home I put them down and started nailing up posters that I'd got in the museums on my visit. I put the hammer down on a pile of boxes while I went to get more nails, which was dumb, and it fell off onto the ornaments. The novelty postcards were all I had left.

Top comments

I really want to know the story behind this.

I'll play it out for you guys. OP is at home, chilling. Suddenly, wall caves in. Don't ask how, that's disrespectful. Never disrespect a man whose walls have caved in. Anyways, he calls his handyman friend. He comes over to fix that shit, says for free. Little did OP know, free fixes are an invitation for a hammer party. Long story short, all his friends are invited to bring hammers, run around house swinging them. One hits OP's fine china cabinet, one hits his nuts. That's my highly scientific theory, anyway.

Comments

Well. That's definitely a hard thing to have to handle. I hope your friends can get a grip on it. Haha

F their lives more than yours. :P Well expect for the hammer thing... :/

You were gonna bring each of your friends a glass ornament? From Italy to the UK? It's a nice thought but I wouldn't have trusted the airline to keep them in one piece let alone questioned my ability to not hammer everything...I'm gonna go with YDI cause I'm feeling pessimistic and can't see how this would've ended well either way. Next time go with less breakable presents. Though I'm dying to hear the story behind the "hammer related incident".

I've brought glass ornaments home from Italy to the US without incident (hammer or otherwise). If you pack it properly you should be fine. If you're worried about the airline breaking it, you keep it in your carry-on. And keep it away from hammers.

Fair enough. I suppose I meant, while probably not impossible, I personally don't feel it's worth the risk, unless it's something you really, really want. I wouldn't pack glass if I could easily buy something less breakable. But then I worry a lot about that kind of thing. Possibly too much, but better safe than sorry.

I agree with 15, I don't think I would take the chance either. It's one thing if you saw a piece you had to have, but to pack a few as presents. I don't blame the guy for trying, I just don't know that I would personally.

wolff_pack 6

Thoes pesky hammers getting out again?

Well, that leaves no questions unanswered.

This truly is a FML that actually does require a follow up.

I'm more confused than amused by this FML.

This is why you should keep your hammers on a leash at all time. They might look cute and innocent, but turn your back even for a second and WHAM, there goes your glass ornaments. And never feed them after midnight either.

ahippienamedrae 10

Guess someone didn't stop at Hammer time?