By KK3137 - 13/03/2013 14:50 - France

Today, due to a flat tire, I only had 20 minutes to complete a 35 minute walk to catch my train. I ended up sprinting up the snow-covered frozen hill in heels, luggage in hand, only to arrive 1 minute in time, and to find out that the train had been cancelled. Next train in 1 hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 840
You deserved it 3 411

KK3137 tells us more.

Actually, I'm 5 foot 1, so that explains the heels, and my brother was supposed to drive me, which is why I set out later in the first place.

Top comments

perdix 29

The bad news is that you don't have a spare tire for your car. The good news is that running in the snow with luggage means you don't have a spare tire around your waist.

AllThingsBright_ 11

She had a car before though, she probably didn't plan on walking more than a few feet to get on and off the train.

Comments

Mm hm, a flat tyre, eh? That's the oldest fake excuse in the world! Tell the truth - you just took too long getting ready, didn't you?

This fml is strange, either OP was so hellbent on catching her train that she left her car on the side of the road in the middle of the snow (a horrible idea IMO), or she realized she had a flat tire while still at home and chose not to switch to better running shoes before leaving. Either way, sketchy sketchy...

Or she started driving, after like 10 mins realised the car felt a bit off (or felt it immediately but carried on driving for a bit, hoping it would get better), pulled over to the side of the road to check, realised the tyre was flat, locked up and continued on foot.

Is that not the same as my first option? Leaving your car on the side of a random road in the middle of the snow? Wherever she was going I'm sure the people there would understand if you say you had to wait for a towtruck or someone to bring a spare tire...

Oh, I thought you meant you kinda leaving it randomly to the side but still kind if in the road/in the way. Why is it weird to leave a car on the actual side of the road? Over here we just call that 'parking'...

It's also called parking over here, but if it's snowing its usually not a good idea just to leave your car in some random place unattended. Whether it's locked up or not she still should have waited for assistance then explained herself to whoever she was going to meet, assuming that was her purpose.

Haha :D actually, I had planned to leave earlier, but my brother told me he'd drive me to the train station since I had the big bag to carry and there was so much snow. We only discovered the flat tire when we got to the car, by which time it was already too late.

I'm just impressed you sprinted uphill in heels through the snow while making it on time. I'd more or less say that's an accomplishment in itself.

Neyuu 18

That's snow problem. Think of it as a workout. Training of some sort. I'm sorry you went through heel to get there.

At least you got your cardio in for the day

I find it hard to believe that a female would not pack a comfy/warm pair of shoes in the winter and if you did, then Ydi for not thinking to change before your walk.

ZeusWarrior 8

At least you made it :( but they need a app saying hey train is probably going to run late

Ah the 21st century. Slowly relying on apps to run our lives.

Our city buses have a text number you send the stop number and it tells you when the next bus is, by GPS. I'd assume trains could do the same

That and the heels are probably a part of her formal work attire. Lots of women wear heels to work.