By OhNo - 02/03/2013 13:31 - United States - Castlewood

Today, despite the fact of being together two years, and having a daughter, my fiancée still refuses to tell her parents about us. We're getting married in six months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 836
You deserved it 5 940

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

There's only two explanations, her parents are super religious and strict or they're Scientologists, I'd go with the latter.

Comments

Since she has a daughter, they must obviously believe that their grandchild was immaculately conceived. Knowing about you would spoil their vision of their perfect virgin daughter. Either that or your fiancée knows her parents will hate you.

Or perhaps his fiancées is pregnant and the parents don't know yet. The OP might know they're having a daughter because of a sonogram? (:

xrawritsashleyx 11

I didn't think of it like that! Re-read the FML and it states "having a daughter", so he could mean that they do have a daughter or she is pregnant and soon having a daughter. Haha thanks for making me realize that!

I suppose you haven't sent out the invitations yet...?

Lizzy500 16

How did she explain the pregnancy and the kid? Does she ever see her folks at all? Something stinks, and it ain't the kid's diaper.

Bliss391 7

I'm pretty sure if she's not mature enough to tell her parents, than she's not mature enough to be getting married.

I don't think maturity is the issue here...who can say what their family dynamic is like. jumping to the maturity card I don't think is warranted given the lack of information. some families communicate while others don't. I honestly don't believe maturity is a factor

Are you sure she wants to get married?

I'd put the marriage on hold until she tells her parents about you and your daughter.

challan 19

Is it a racial or religion reason? Do they know about the child? I have so many questions!!! You deserve better, op. Take maters into your own hands, go and introduce yourself and be a strong man.

But wear a bullet proof vest when you do.

kishorekumar_a 10

...and Kevlar and Helmet and the Sheild too... Just in case.

CanyonRose 16

She has your kid. Wouldn't they notice if their daughter was pregnant? I think they knew bub.

hooligyn123 18

Unless they haven't seen her in years due to distance, estrangement, or just plain not doing so.

TPH1979 18

Maybe they're lesbians and OP gave birth to the daughter.

crazytwinsmom 25

Good point. That would explain them not necessarily knowing about the kid.

I feel that if that was the situation, it would've been a good idea for the OP to explain that somehow to us, so this all makes a little more sense.

mokielove 10

how do you know the parents didn't do something to make the daughter never want to see or speak to them again. every one is all against her . when you don't even know why .

jem970 19

Thats a pretty big leap in logic there 28. Also if it were that big of a deal then he should know about it. They have been together 2 years after all. And if he doesnt? Well they have bugger problems than lack of parental knowledge :-