By lubey - 19/05/2012 10:02 - United States - Charlotte

Today, before I went into surgery, the patient next to me just finished the same procedure I was going to get. As he woke up in the recovery area 10 feet away, I was getting my final prep before the operation. On my way into the operating room I was comforted by his screams of agonizing pain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 396
You deserved it 1 845

lubey tells us more.

lubey 5

Thanks for all the positive comments :) to answer som questions: yes I'm recovering well. The surgery was to fix a deviated septum. The patient before me didn't immediately respond to the pain meds that's why he was screaming. And I wrote this fml last night at 2 am after the anesthesia wore off

Top comments

illabye 0

No not screaming of agonizing pain... Screaming for joy

Comments

hockeyoceancity 13

Well you seem to be okay since you were able to write this FML. He could have just had it worse than you, i don't know what operation you had so can't say much about that but think of it like this, if the operation goes bad and the doctor messes up, there could be a large sum of money awaiting you.

Unless they're dead and can't collect the reward.

lubey 5

Well I'm doped up on oxycodon now

Everyone reacts to this stuff differently. Hopefully you're in less pain that the other patient was. Good luck.

Sounds like you need a better surgeon. I know one...

cropper 0

Hey everybody it's dr. Nick.

hockeyoceancity 13

... He works in the inner parts of Philly and his operation room is in the basement of his mother's house, don't mind the chains on the wall also the stains on the ground have always been there i swear....

skyblues 6

Oh God, don't go to Doc! He was supposed to give me a heart transplant once but just replaced it with a wad of calloused sarcasm.

koopaqueen 0

Any time I see anything medical on here I look for doc bastard's reply

I'm gonna guess you're in pain now, huh? :/ Don't worry OP, you'll get through it.

Look at the bright side At least you were there for surgery not to pick your daughter after an I phone was jammed up her ****** .

Who wants to bet that OP's parent won't let them use morphine because they're afraid OP will get addicted or something?

raraisbang 12

I'm willing to bet that that's not true. What a random thing to say.

Assuming op is underaged, than there is actually a reason for the parents not to want op to take morphine. It's addictive and can slow the process of healing in some cases. However, if it's a painful procedure it could be worth the risk. Though I wonder what surgery op was getting that the other guy woke up screaming. Only surgery I ever woke up screaming after was a colonoscopy/endoscopy (sorry if i misspelled them) and I shut up when a nurse yelled at me... I did not like that nurse. Oh and ElricMustang, nice picture!

cayytee 0

haha..^they obviously dont read too many of these.

I believe #28 was attempting to humourously refer to a previous FML post.

lubey 5

Well, hopefully you won't be in pain by then :P

Thank you 63 and 69. We need more experienced readers here!

kandi_kid69 15
eyecon502 13

Maybe they just left a scalple inside him.

Devin91 20

It honestly can't be that bad if you had time to post this. Apparently the other man can't withstand as much pain as you can.

Then again, you never really know when OP had the surgery. Could have been a week ago, but as every FML has to start with "Today,"... -shrugs-

That may be true or he could've had an adverse reaction to the pain medication or anaesthetic. I woke up from surgery too soon once. The surgeon was mid-procedure but had used a local as well. It was scary and they put me back under pretty quickly. Just saying that it might not have anything to do with his pain threshhold. Some people just freak out waking up in hospital.

cheetahbaby96 8

That happened to me once... Except I had to walk to my operating room and I could hear the drills in the other room on the way o_O