By moduschic - 19/10/2009 01:38 - United States

Today, at work this woman came up to my counter and handed me gold top covered in gold sequins. I like to chat with the customers sometimes at work so I got all excited and said "Ooh! You shopping for Halloween?" She gave me the biggest death stare. Turns out she wasn't shopping for Halloween. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 893
You deserved it 17 507

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hahaha, kind of YDI, but I voted FYL because you were just trying to be nice, and lets face it, people who are buying that kind of clothes...

noshitsherlock 0

hahahahhaha. She sounds like a grumpy fabulous person

Comments

likewise. i really dislike it when cashiers try to talk to me. i just want to buy my shit and go. though, it would have been smart of the OP to say something more vague like "that's an interesting top," so that if it WAS for halloween, the customer could have said so. and if not, OP doesn't get the evil eye for telling someone they have horrible fashion sense.

nemo3590 0

YDI for pointlessly talking to the customer. I hate it when cashiers do that it to me.

I like it when they talk to me, it makes things a lot less awkward and boring I think

YDI..Unless the shop was a fancy dress shop why else would she be shopping for halloween cloths?

How about you don't speak to customers? This is going to make me sound really rude and mean but honestly, I hate when waiters, cashiers, etc. try to have a conversation with me. Honestly, just bring me my food and ring up my clothes, give me a nice smile say have a good day and be done with it. (:

You hate it when people treat you like a human being instead of an automaton? Then get over it or tell them you're "not in the mood today." The rest of us appreciate strangers being neighborly.

In some jobs, you are required to make friendly with your customers. It's called retention. But YDI, make small talk but don't assume why's she buying something. Yeah, people have some really ****** up fashion sense, but again it shouldn't matter to you. Ring her up, talk to her about the traffic or something else.

sleepyhungry93 0

fyl. it okay to assume that people dress like lady gaga for practical things like halloween and not on a regular basis. i feel ur pain and confusion in the intelligence of the human race. but seriously she cant expect to get good compliments when wearing crap like that. just sayin...

Yeah. I work at Tim Hortons, and I'm required to talk to the customers, I have to be nice no matter how rude the customer is.

I learned this lesson the hard way too... I asked a nice couple if they were almost ready for Christmas once. They were very Jewish.

BlacknBlueHaHa 0

I almost did that at a store yesterday; this lady totally looked like she had her Halloween make-up on...but that was her everyday look...ha ha

OhHerrrooo 0

"Today, I was shopping and brought a BEAUTIFUL sequined shirt to the cashier. She assumed it was for Halloween. FML." Lmfao.

...what the hell did you think she was dressing up as? This Halloween is not a very clever custom.

i feel obliged to say to everyone commenting on this post that sequins are so in style right now :) so even if it was a horrible top, at least the woman is in fashion!

I'm going to have to disagree with that. Something could be in style but it doesn't mean it looks good. Look at Style magazine or any high fashion magazine, just because they look good on models doesn't mean its acceptable for everyday wear. Plus, sequins are a little tacky and if it's not good quality then it will fall off and you have a shitty shirt that is half sequins.