By lucki - 27/10/2010 06:50 - Canada

Today, at work, there is a rumor going around that I'm gay. Somewhat curious at how did this start, I asked a co-worker. He said I was seen 3 days ago at a mall holding hands with someone who looks like a guy from behind. Three days ago, I was at the mall with my girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 461
You deserved it 3 892

luckiXiii tells us more.

OP here, going to try and clarify all misunderstanding. #1: i'm a 100% heterosexual male! #2: my girlfriend is pretty and i love her for all she's worth. #3: i'm well known in my circle of friends and their families, so they can tell it's me even from behind. #4: the reason why my girlfriend was mistaken for a guy, was probably because she had short hair, and she was wearing my baggy jacket which i let her borrow because she was cold that day. And I took some of the advice from people here and brought her to work! Showed those people a thing or two! Haha!

Top comments

pretty sure a guy can date a girl who may have hair as short as a male without being considered gay? women have every right to have their hair or style how they want it without being called a lesbian/boy/butch etc

Comments

chobitschibi1369 0

You know instead of posting an FML, you could have defended your girl or brought her to the office. Because if you think she is pretty, then no one else's opinion should phase you. It is just an opinion. Not a fact.

If the judgements shouldn't faze* OP, why should he bother defending his gf to a bunch of acquaintances, or bring her into the office to be further judged? If she's not there, she won't be aware of the confusion unless he tells her, so he wouldn't really be defending her anyway. He'd be defending his own sexuality. A simple "I'm not gay; that was my girlfriend" should be enough, IMO. I tend to believe defending such things only admits the existence of an insecurity. If OP and his gf don't care about random people's opinions of their relationship, then they *really* shouldn't care.

Agreed, Irish. The OP should just explain in those kind of simple and short terms. It shouldn't matter to him what other people think of his girlfriend's appearence.

Agreed. If he's attracted to his girlfriend, what should it matter what others think?

stewpididiot 11

I would bet money that this rumor was started by some bimbo who just wanted to stir up some shit, cause that's what they do

Xquisite1 28

Since it was from behind...then I'm guessing that your girl is: tall/lanky with no ass or curves at all.FYL indeed.

kyleeeeeeeeee 0

someone watched The Office last night. retard

It's very unfortunate that rumors start like that. I wish both you and him the best of luck. Btw, you fellows play bellysticks?

rainbowdrive 5

Does she look like a guy? You have really idiotic co-workers btw. That's just a lame thing for them to do. But, it's not the worst thing in the world to be called gay, even if you aren't, so, get over that please. The world will keep revolving. This is neither a FYL or YDI.

kyleeeeeeeeee 0

lol what was wrong with my comment? is the word retar offensive? faggots

Pixie cuts will make some women look like gay guys, especially from the back. Hence why I'll never get a pixie cut.

Heh, this kind of comment might've called down the fury of the Neopolitan Nerd Cabal, but the "some" saved ya. ;)

ROFLBERRYPIE 0

Buy her jeans that fit her ass.