By rubgy_lover - 27/06/2013 15:02 - Canada - Surrey

Today, at work, I politely asked a patron to be quieter; I was hit in the face. I work in a library. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 103
You deserved it 3 915

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You work in a library. I'm sure there are plenty of books detailing murders and the proper process of getting rid of a body...

Comments

Just is the problem for us library workers eh? People can be so unreasonable. I get this all the time at work too!

You get hit all the time by customers at work? You need to find a new job.

Or a bat. A bat could persuade people not to mess with you.

SenselessPattern 12

Or maybe a flock of bats, with the ability to swoop in and deal justice at OP's whim.

Well, not everyone who goes to the library is there to read books, I'll be polite and put it that way.

tsent8 15

Please don't tell me you screamed when you were hit.

showmeyourears 19

I also work at the library :D I work in youth services so unfortunately, noisiness is just expected and not much can be done about it since most of the patrons are little kids.

gloooooria 14

You'd better teach them now while they're young to be quiet in a library, otherwise they'll grow up and do the same thing, and good luck telling them then to be quiet. You'll probably get hit in the face.

maybe you should go to the childrens section, find a book on manners (how to use your indoor voice) and POW Right in the kisser!!!

Did you sneak up on him and whisper it in his/her ear? That's how I usually end up getting punched. .... Hello, Clarissssse...

KiddoKS 19

Did they hit you in the face with an anger management book they were reading? In all seriousness, hope you're not too hurt, though.

perdix 29

"Would you mind terribly shutting your filthy cesspool of a piehole and subjecting us to your discordant blithering? Thanks, much :) " You may THINK that's polite...

... But it's actually exactly what needs saying.

Perdix commented on my FML! My life is now complete!

I'm sure he did. You know how many books there are on silent ninja attacks? 17. That's a lot.

perdix 29

For someone who claims to be a "rugby lover," you seem to be kind of a wuss. Hasn't the game taught you anything about kicking ass? Go Maroons!

Hey Perdix, just wondering which Maroons you are referring to?

perdix 29

#50, the ones you are thinking about!

I played rugby in high school which was 5 years ago. I would still be playing today if my doctor would allow me. She told me to stop after mutiple concussions, broken fingers and a broken foot... Man, I loved that sport!

I thought so, but doesn't everyone follow them ;-)

1. Next time, call security. 2. If you're security, buy a tazer or take martial arts classes.

Where do these alleged library security guards keep coming from and why can't I ever find one?? A public school library, MAYBE, but a standalone, public-funded library?