By halliemarie1818 - 24/04/2013 02:01 - United States

Today, at work at a farm, we got a new calf. It looked like it had to poop, but was having difficulty. About four hours later it still hadn't pooped. Turns out it was born without an actual butthole. It was there, just sealed up by skin. I literally had to cut this poor calf a new butthole. FML
I agree, your life sucks 88 507
You deserved it 4 670

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iLike2Teabag 27

You out that cow through a lot. Talk about tearing it a new one...

No one deserves to experience that. FYL (was it like opening a can of coke that had been shook?)

Comments

I thought that "I'll tear you a new one" was just a saying. I was wrong.

I like how you worded the fml, especially the part about the "actual" butthole. Somehow makes it sound like it had some sort of pretend butthole...

Cant imagine thats a routine thing. Poor thing is sepsis waiting to happen hope a vet will be seeing it soon

That's exactly what I was thinking. Lets hope the poor animal sees a vet soon.

No need to have a cow- shit happens but that really must've sucked

daydreamer244 13

I have a lovely image in my head right now....

I hope you sterilised it. 0_0 And why didn't you have a vet do it? And give it painkillers?

RedPillSucks 31

Living on a farm, the nearest vet might be tens of miles away and over-scheduled. Also, it took OP time to figure out what the actual problem was, and maybe to work up the nerve to solve it.

People who work on farms have to do a lot of animal doctoring themselves. Vets could take multiple hours to get there, so if the workers didn't doctor the animals themselves, depending on the situation, they could die before a vet got there.

sounds like a traumatizing experience for the both of you

You are a good human, if i were you i would call the vet.. But it will cost a lot i guess..