This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 16/05/2017 00:00

Today, at work, a lady couldn't spell the word 'LANE' and I swear to god it took me about two full minutes to get her to write it correctly. This was her own street address. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 013
You deserved it 303

Top comments

I tried giving her the benefit of the doubt, but come on... there really arent a whole lot of choices when it comes to guessing how a four letter word is spelled.

Comments

How could she not know? Surely she sees her address on her mail almost daily.

I tried giving her the benefit of the doubt, but come on... there really arent a whole lot of choices when it comes to guessing how a four letter word is spelled.

Eh, we all have brainfarts. I remember during a high school exam, I forgot how to spell "quick". I ended up writing "kwik" then crossing it out twice before my brain finally got its shit together.

I always forget the first "a" in restaurant. We all have that one word we just can't spell.

Some folks say "Febuary". It's actually "February".

Randomness911 12

If this is her normal self, what is she like under pressure?? She is the stupidity that is someones job security.

Maybe she hadn't been LAIN in a while, so confusion is excusable.

mariri9206 32

Well, how was she trying to spell it? More information needed before determining if she (the customer) was being an idiot or not.

If it's for a street address couldn't it just be abbreviated to "ln"?

No, that's natural logarithm. Sometimes it's La, except in Los Angeles and Louisiana.

mariri9206 32

No, Richard, it's not. The official abbreviation (given by the post office) for Lane is ln.

mariri9206 32

Also, LaLa, I was thinking exactly this.

Lobby_Bee 17

Not everyone has an opportunity for education. Poverty is not something a child chooses to be born with.

It doesn't cost to go to public school. That's why it exists, for those who are poor.