By Keldar - 19/08/2009 07:53 - United States

Today, at the gas station I work a lady called wanting to know the "password" and if I was okay. Thinking it was a prank I hung up. A couple of minutes later she called back, this time asking if I could see the cops outside and telling me I'd be alright. I saw four of 'em. I'd hit the silent alarm by accident. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 592
You deserved it 40 551

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haha that reminds me of when I accidentally called 911 when I was 7, and quickly hung up. the dispatcher called back, asked if I was ok and no matter how much I tried to explain it was a mistake, she said "sweetie there's an officer on the way to you. only open the door to a police officer in uniform..." like I was some helpless little girl. lol

jen11989 0

Lol something similar happened to my boyfriends aunt at her work. Only she didn't know what the button was for and no one answered her when she asked so she pushed it and got a call then realized the place was surrounded

Comments

It's sad to think you're not smart enough to work at a gas station.

Bullshet 0

OP doesn't deserve this. The button should probably be better placed though.

NikkiFlysKites 8

The button needs to be placed in an easy spot to get to. OP should just be more careful.

Hmm.. well that mustve been slightly stressful eh. FYL for hitting the button by accident! but be careful & stay away from the button next time ; )

Egotistical 0

The button should be better placed n u deserve it as well 4 not being smart enough 2 work @ a gas station. Fyl and ydi

Kylias 6

She can't control where the button is. And The funniest part of this response is that you say she's not smart enough... cuz u deserve 2 b smckd 4 not being smart enough 2 spell a 2-letter word.

I agree with 24, but I think he meant FHL because she can't help where the button is. That's why he said "FYL AND YDI".

Well hey, at least now you know the cops will respond in case you ever *need* to hit the silent alarm!

One does not accidently trigger a silent alarm, and accidently not know of the procedure.

One does not "accidently" misspell accidentally. Oh wait, I guess one does.

Actually, a lot of companies don't even bother telling new employees. I didn't even know my restaurant /had/ a silent alarm until we had to use it. So, yes, I expect that one can quite easily accidentally hit the alarm button and not know of the procedure.

Anyone calling him stupid isn't too bright either. The silent alarm buttons are placed so you can look like your pushing it with natural movements. Now, let's say, he WAS doing natural movements. YDI, of course. ~_~

"Stupid" for hanging up on the security company.

hahaohwell 0

if u get a random call like that you wouldnt think its a security company ud think its a prank

citycrazed25 0

happened to me before seems like the button is so easy to hit

I have difficulty believing your story. I believe that you may have pushed the silent panic button. I've done that many times myself, but I disbelieve that the alarm company didn't reveal who they were when they called. I worked for a major security alarm monitoring company for five years. Each time an alarm is triggered, central station calls, and they ask if you are okay and identify who they are before asking you for your passcode/word. I don't believe that you wouldn't have been informed of how the silent panic system works, and if your alarm monitoring company didn't follow this procedure, you should fire them. Finally, this is hardly an FML, regardless of your story's validity. As long as you don't frequently hit the panic button, the cops will ask you a few questions and leave. It's just a "wow, that was dumb" moment.

That's kinda silly though. What if the robbers/personwithgun is still there, and they pick up the phone thats ringing? "Hi, this is 'blahblah' security company. You hit the silent alarm, just wondering if your ok. And if you have the password." Then person with gun wont be very happy, and cops won't have arrived yet. Sounds like lots of trouble. So I'm pretty sure security companies won't identify themselves until you give a password,but thats just my opinion.

safirestar09 0

Besides that, a lot of FMLs are a "Wow, that was dumb" moment.

now this is an fml dude, I'd be so embarrased