By Muwz - 13/08/2014 04:28 - France

Today, at the beach, I noticed a plastic bag in the water. I wanted to do something good for a change, help protect the environment and get it out. It wasn't a bag; it was a jellyfish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 505
You deserved it 9 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least your intentions were good OP. Good on you!

Comments

Hope you didn't get burned and only a handful of glibber

TheKingKen 22

It's ok. I've already contacted the best code breakers I know of. They will be able to decode this message soon

I think that he's referring to the fact that you can get nasty stings from a jellyfish and he hopes that OP grabbed the top part of the jellyfish that doesn't sting you as opposed to the tentacle things that do.

schhichick 14

At least it was not a shrieking eel!

But if it had been a bag where did you intend to put it? You were really gonna stroll with it looking for a bin? Wow you're really intense OP

nellbell414 13

Yes, that is exactly what he was going to do. I don't see the problem with it. Not insane at all.

schhichick 14

He did not realize there was a jellyfish until it was too late #50

incoherentrmblr 21
Kyle1dc 17

For some reason I thought that there would be something bad in the bag not it being a jellyfish.

Some blondes die their hair black like u . Even if u died ur hair black you will still have the intelligence of s blonde and by your comment is what u showed up

Your code breakers came true 31. 33's saying "didn't get burned"-didn't get stung; "handle full of glibber"-the gooey top part of the jellyfish. Sorry for the downvote number 1.

That is what happens when you answer on an FML while still super sleepy. I hope OP didn't touch the stinging part of the jellyfish, instead I hope it was only the top glibbery jelly part. That way no burns but only a handful of nasty glibber.

That always makes me think of the show friends

schhichick 14

Same about Friends! Also makes me think about the movie The Heartbreak Kid!

I was about to comment about Friends but the 2 people above me beat me to it

Eff_Itt 20

Pee doesn't actually help the sting... It's a myth. Thank God too, because it's kinda gross!

Who voted 36 down? She's completely right and tbh, I'm surprised people are still saying to pee on it in this day and age...I like Friends as much as the next guy but it's pretty well known to be a myth. Some say vinegar helps, others say no...your best bet is just to rinse with more sea water. And apparently shaving foam and ice packs can help but they should probably be put on after the initial shock and treatment. But yeah, definitely don't pee on it or rinse with fresh water, you'll just make it worse.

I've heard people say this all my life and nobody ever told me it's just a myth. Good to know!

I like your though process. But how on earth could you mistake a carrier bag for a jellyfish? I mean I don't see like tesco branded jellyfish anywhere ahaha.

There is a jellyfish called the Portuguese man o' war that is commonly mistaken for a plastic bag

Having seen a Portugese Man O' War, I can confirm that they do look like shopping bags. Their sting is also particularly nasty, and potentially fatal if stung more than once (even if you are stung a second time years later) so i seriously hope it wasn't one of those.

SkyGuy32 17

Sea turtles mistake plastic bags for jellyfish a lot actually. Then they eat them and starve to death because it clogs them up and makes them feel full, so they can't eat and wouldn't if they could.

Razi_tail 25

40 is right. They are the sea turtles favorite snack and plastic bags look like jellies to them.

I almost did the same thing today myself, the jellyfish was bright blue. Luckily it was on shore, so I noticed it was a jellyfish before touching it

#34, I picked one of those up in Bermuda. So bad... so bad. I now cringe and retreat into myself if I even come across a just a picture of them...

mr_aaaaaaaa 12

I'm sure the jellyfish wasn't harmed, but I am almost certain that OP bagged a sting or two.

Would you really need mouth to mouth for a jellyfish sting?

vividpictures 17

If the lifeguard was hot then yes, yes you would.

At least your intentions were good OP. Good on you!

Well OP, that's happened to me before. Now find a buddy that's willing to pee on your hand.

You're not supposed to do that, it's a myth. You're actually supposed to put more salt water on the sting.

I thought you were only supposed pee on it if it's a sea urchin.?

bet you wish you had a jelly fishing net

as soon as I read "wanted to do something good" I knew it was a jellyfish

jamescrazy96 17

good job for trying. did it sting you?