By Jorgen - 18/12/2015 01:45 - United States

Today, at my workplace, $200 checks were given to every employee for how well the corporation was doing. The temps didn't get any. Guess who was the only temp. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 809
You deserved it 2 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry but your a temp, get in full with company if you want all the benefits...

ndnpride88 25

Take that as motivation to move up from a temp so when you do you'll get those rewards and bonuses also. You'll appreciate it more for all your hard work

Comments

Do not expect the same as a temp. I am sure you haven't been there when the company was doing poorly so why should you benefit from the company when it is doing well? If you want more benefits, look at hiring a FT job with them.

graceinsheepwear 33

The unfortunate thing is that some companies have policies that allow them to keep a temp for a year, then they must hire or let you go. They make you think they will hire you. It's then cheaper for them to let you go and get a new temp. Happened to me at a large US pharmaceutical company. You are a willing 2nd class citizen (ie, temp employee) for a year, because of that promise of impending employment.

graceinsheepwear 33

That's standard for companies that hire temps. If you are through a temp agency, then that is your actual employer, not the place you are working at each day. The temps often aren't invited to off-site holiday parties either. It sucks, but you have to suck it up. You're a second-class citizen.

Such is life, all those employees were all temps once also!!!

Mathalamus 24

I'd recommend searching YouTube for "Adam Ruins Temp", your "employers" might be breaking the law

schreibergx93 19

To be honest, you can file discrimination. Since you're the only temp, who's to know the decision wasn't made because of that sole reason? Unless it specifically says such things in your hiring contract.

snarkytruth 37

As a temp they are contract labor not an actual employee. Meaning no company benefits. Bonuses fall on the temp agency to give. Bonuses are usually considered gifts based on merit or performance not required anyway and are usually fall under the do not discuss pay with coworker clause and can technically get you fired.

People think companies would hire permanently that easily? In the majority of cases, the company and the temp agency have a contract involved. This contract would mean that the company have to pay commission to the temp agency (usually in the 000's). There are also clauses sometimes, that a company is not allowed to ft a temp or manipulate them away from their agents. Sad but true.

luciorossari 8

I understand. I got to watch all of my coworkers get $50 checks for the end of the year while I just got to stand there.

BooBooKittyF11 21

you're a temp most of the time yemps dont get to participate in activities like that

I think that's the standard policy for all the companies..

Time to move up or move out OP. You can always do better in life.