By DeeElleGee - 14/11/2009 00:09 - Canada

Today, at my work, I was ringing though a kid's purchase. I try to be friendly with the kids and when he handed me his cash I said "Thank you, sir!" in a playful manner. He then turns to his mom and says "Mom, why does everyone think I am a boy?". FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 273
You deserved it 6 108

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In 15 years, she's gonna be jacked like a ************ and wear lumberjack clothing.

Mc09toofine 0

don't feel bad!! lol it's the mom's fault maybe she should let the kid grow longer hair or somethin!

Comments

waterynuggets 0

Sometimes you can't tell with kids. Not seeing the FML here.....as usual.

I've made that mistake too. I mistook my ex-boss' son for a girl because he's sporting long hair. She gave me grief until I quit for that mistake.

Guess it is time for some big honkin breast implants?

This isn't an FML, you should feel pleased you got to meet Ellen Page.

dudeitsdanny 9
SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

Ughh, that's happpened to me. I was running a field day activity and this little kid was running, and I wanted to cheer for him. So I asked one of his classmates "What's his name?" and the kid's like "..It's a girl." o_0 Sucks. More so for the kid though! **** the kid's life. You just contributed to years of low self-esteem! But FYL.

mrose57 0

I had a neighbor kid that I thought was a boy for about 6 months until she said her name. It's the parent's fault - pre puberty kids have very few distinctions besides clothes and hair. If parents do the gender bender bit on a young child they're just humiliating that child.

it happens, I've learned to not assume gender untill I hear a name

#21 but what if it's a unisex name like charlie or lesley?

#18, don't diss Ellen Page. She's so great!! You have no idea!

Maybe the kid was like a transgender or something and had started to realise it.. It's happened before dude. But, I'm pretty stoned right now, so who knows?

perdix 29

Tell her she ought to buy some tacos, clams, Velcro, scissors and a muff, and that soon enough, she'll realize why that is so ******* funny.