By ellibits - 18/09/2009 07:29 - United Kingdom

Today, at my work at a designer clothing store, we received a list of photos from the police of known shoplifters. My coworkers were looking at the list saying "Eugh, look at that one: you'd shoplift with a face like that". I walked over and saw that they were looking at a photo of my boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 610
You deserved it 6 400

ellibits tells us more.

Hi, I am the original poster, and I don't think he's ugly; just his mugshot isn't exactly flattering. But whose is?! Apparently he used to steal a long time ago to overcompensate being secretly gay. Whatever, he's no longer my problem.

Top comments

You should be happy to have a nice easy warning like this. Now you can get out clean, BEFORE he becomes too much a pain in your ass.

ihatestupidppl 0

Am I the only one who doesn't get what "you'd shoplift with a face like that" is supposed to mean? I get the FML itself; obviously, OP just learned their bf is unattractive AND a thief all at once. What I don't get is what shoplifting and attractiveness have to do with each other...

Comments

what the hell is "eugh" supposed to sound like?

It sounds like 'eww-ughh'. We just thought it'd be easier to put two sounds of disgust into one.

It sounds like... "eugh." Like "ugh" but the vowel sound is closer to the front of your mouth. Seriously, who needs to ask what onomatopoeias sound like?

Generally, no, but when designer clothes are involved, all bets are off.

Can I ask which is more upsetting: the fact that your boyfriend shoplifts or that your boyfriend is unattractive?

YDI for going against nature. Its called karma

that was really messed up, so what if he's gay

Yeah, hopefully karma gets you for being a jackass.

ihatestupidppl 0

Am I the only one who doesn't get what "you'd shoplift with a face like that" is supposed to mean? I get the FML itself; obviously, OP just learned their bf is unattractive AND a thief all at once. What I don't get is what shoplifting and attractiveness have to do with each other...

Maybe they meant, "He's so ugly, he probably got picked on as a kid to the point of becoming a disagreeable person who hates the world. Thus, he shoplifts to get back at the "pretty" people working there." =/

I don't think you 'learn' your significant other is unattractive, they either are or they aren't.

ihatestupidppl 0

Well, I guess I should have said "learned" that other people consider the bf unattractive. Attractiveness, after all, is subjective: I'm sure if they got up to the point of being in a relationship, OP must have found him attractive. And lol Intoxicunt, that explanation works for me.

It's a 'he', actually... OP: Not really an FML, since now you have a good excuse to be rid of your shitty boyfriend.

**** You Cause I Bet You Anything Someone You Know Is Gay :)