By Anonymous - 14/08/2015 15:08 - Denmark

Today, at my grandmother's funeral, my senile grandfather kept asking me "Where's granny? I've been looking for her, but I can't find her." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 606
You deserved it 1 660

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How are you even supposed to answer that? Like you have to keep breaking terrible news. I'm so sorry OP, FYL

So sorry for your loss OP, hopefully you'll come up something on how to tell your grandfather.

Comments

iPixelCheese 19

Oh my goodness, F both of your lives. You have to be in that situation, and he finds out his wife has passed on. FYL FHL

This is rough. Have you considered telling him that she's on a trip to visit some friends?

So what you're suggesting is that OP lie to him!?!?!? And then what? What happens if that stuck and he keeps asking when she's coming home. That's false hope and I don't think that OP and poor Gramps deserve that, do you???

He could have dementia and forget that his wife has died every day. If that's the case, do you tell him that she's dead and in doing so upset him every day? It's a really tough call. Sometimes the truth isn't always the best.

The alternative is repeatedly telling him his wife died, and letting him feel the grief like it's new everytime, or not telling him anything and he'll just keep looking for her. My grandma had really bad dementia, and I took to lying to her about some things to save her from distress.

There should be a way to know who voted YDI or FYL. Lifeless Bastards. This is 100% not a YDI.

Some are mis-clicks on the mobile app, some people are horrible and sone are trying to get badges, this FML was heartbreaking though so i'm with you on the ones that weren't mis-clicks

I've accidentally hit the YDI scrolling through the app numerous times just because my thumb has the misfortune of landing on it. Some people are also trying to unlock the achievements.

Oh man, that's tough. I don't see how you could give him an answer without it ending badly in a way. If you tell him how it is, he could get a heart attack. If you tell him something else, he could react badly to it, or he'll know you lied if he remembers what you said long enough

My heart dropped when I read this. I'm sorry OP.

This is by a big margin the saddest FML I have seen so far.

That's actually really depressing and sad! I'm sorry for your loss!

That's gut wrenchingly terrible. Sorry bro

I'm so sorry for your loss OP, both for the loss of your grandmother and for the memory loss of your grandfather, both are incredibly hard to deal through. The problem is even if he was told what happened, he would continue to look because he wouldn't remember being told...