By Username - 06/11/2010 17:58 - France

Today, at my cousin's baby shower, there was a discussion on what to name the baby. When the name Jacqueline was brought up, I made a face and exclaimed, "Ugh, I hate that name!" I was then informed that's the name of my cousin's mother-in-law. She definitely heard me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 633
You deserved it 27 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohthebloodygore 16

Well you're allowed your opinion... They shouldn't get offended just because you don't like that particular name..

Comments

15, why do you say that? I assume Carson Daly ruined it for all Carsons? Carson was the only gender neutral name I liked for both genders since Im choosing not to find out the sex of my baby :)

I don't mind it on a man, but growing up, all the girls I knew had very feminine middle names while I had one where people would emphasize how much it was a boys name. Even after I'd correct them on it being "unisex". I actually still hear how much of a man's name it is eighteen years later. I would not wish such an experience on another female.

zp5 4

17 theres a reply button, you know.

ohthebloodygore 16

Stupid comment bug. I actually thought Carson was a male name.

graciedacie 0

Social studies have actually found that most "unisex" names end up being dominated by the female gender as time passes. Perhaps Carson is just taking longer than others. (Examples include Shannon, Ashley, Lauren, Kelly, Ariel, Jade, Jamie, Lesley, Lindsay, Noel, Robin, Payton, McKenzie, Kim, Morgan, Taylor, Quinn, Stacey, Sage, Dakota, Kendall, Teagan, Skylar, Jordan, etc. I could honestly go on, but NO ONE wants that!)

zp5 4

24 thats what i would think, considering that it sound more like a boys name

22 - So you're letting other people's ignorance ruin a perfectly good name?

I never liked the name myself, even as a small child. Having people comment on it only made me dislike it more. It means "Son of Carr", which, if you can't tell, refers to a boy. I was named after Rachel Carson, a famous marine biologist and author. After having others comment and taunt me about it, I would hardly call it an honor.

onlywhenyourdrea 0

Oh wow I'm sure your soooo traumatized. Growing up with a unique MIDDLE name. Stop whining and grow up.

You didn't say you hated people who were called Jacqueline, just that you personally didn't like that name. Everyone has likes and dislikes about names, which are different person to person, and hopefully she understood that's how you meant it, and not that you didn't like her.

zp5 4

so? what is she gonna do? call the police? all you said was that you hate that name. i don't think its that big of a deal.

I hate that name, too. No offense to any Jacquelines in the world. So FYL, OP.

notsoluckypup 12

u do realize thts my name as well rite? sheesh...its not like i got to pick my own name...

TheEvilCookie 0

I guess it's fair for you to speak your opinion, after all it is YOUR opinion, But I do think you should be more careful with your wording. Instead of saying "Ugh!, I hate that name!" with a face, you could have simply said in a much nicer tone, and said: "I dislike that name.." If you said that it probably would not have been that bad of an FML Sorry to say, but I think YDI for being rude even though you were just expressing your opinion. - The Evil Cookie

23, apparently not for mobile cause there is no such button on my phone. And although the numbers next to comments are clickable, it tells me its not allowed. I would like to reply directly to comments if I could..

dudeitsdanny 9

I like to use the Full Site version when I'm mobile for that reason. Or I'm retarded and never saw how to reply. I don't see why they made a big deal about you not replying in the thread. Not like it's a big deal =)

Well good, now you won't have to repeat yourself.

if you don't like your name - change it. I did. I told my mother I didn't care for the name she gave me and was going to have it changed. she said it's whatever I want, it's MY name.