By Anonymous - 09/10/2015 06:39 - United States - Flagstaff

Today, at age 27, I went to pick up the girl I like for my first ever date. Her brother answered the door with a baseball bat, said the date was off and threatened to smash my kneecaps to pieces if I ever came back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 269
You deserved it 1 887

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Geckosrock99 33

Someone is a bit over protective. You two are adults, too bad the brother can't act like one and let his sister have a good time.

Comments

Awh! :( I would bet you were absolutely exhilarated for the date. I pray you can maybe arrange a second attempt at your first date with her without her brother getting involved. Best of luck!

Mmkay1515 21

My brother answered the door with a bat on my first date, it actually was a posted FML a few years back. However, he had the decency to not threaten to smash the guy's kneecaps...

This is providence. Who wants to be part of a dysfunctional family like that.

OAP_Watson 3

Concealed carry is your friend.

Yeah because pulling out a gun on your date's brother is a great solution.. Guns don't just magically solve everything.

While that might be true, if the brother ever ACTUALLY attempts to smash his kneecaps in, seeing a gun just might make him think about it. Even if it's not loaded, if an attacker thinks you've got a live gun in your hand they WILL think twice.

some other day, my friend. but I bet it isn't over just yet. if the girl likes you she'll message you about another time soon

you should go back with a baseball bat and GO GET YO WOMAN

It's okay. Scott pilgrim also dated a high schooler...

So did you stay or leave? I understand that that would be frightening but he's her brother, unless she's under the age of 18 he can't say boo. I wouldn't have left until I talked to her. For all you know it was scare tactic made to look like you stood her up. I hope everything works out OP. Better luck next time.