This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By callingouttoanyrealtorsandpyrosinthearea - 25/06/2017 04:00

Today, at 8:30 in the morning, workers in the lot across the street began doing some very loud hydraulic installations and testing for the new lab that's being built on the property. It's now 11:20 at night, and they're still working on it. I'm seriously considering just burning my house down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 273
You deserved it 352

Top comments

Doesn't the town you live in have a noise ordinance?

I wonder what they're testing -- the limits of your sanity?

Comments

I feel you, I had apartments built right outside my window. The noise was unbearable. Also, I get that they have a deadline and if they need to work outside normal hours, that doesn't allow them to shout at each other at 11pm or blast music at 7am. Once they tried to repair a broken machine and kept revving the motor at 11:30pm, so I called the cops on them.

So after you burn your house down and get convicted of arson, your fellow prisoners will be giving you some "hydraulic installations"....

As someone who works construction, my advice is try the site manager first. If that doesn't help, the company's info should be posted outside. Use that data to lodge a formal complaint with the company, to create a paper (or email) trail, and if that doesn't work, then you go to the authorities >with copies< of that. This works best if you can get your neighbors to do the same. Good luck! If all fails, try to at least get them to give you free earplugs (they must have stock on site, so no excuses there!).

I totally love your user name for this post!