By kittywings - 29/04/2016 01:14 - United States - Bridgewater

Today, as I was taking a shower, I felt something run down my back. Assuming it was water, I lathered up my loofah and scrubbed my back with it, only to hear a gross crunching sound. I pulled back my loofah to see a smushed, twitching cockroach that I had smeared on my back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 943
You deserved it 1 396

kittywings tells us more.

Hey all, OP here To everyone wondering: yes, it was disgusting. After freaking out for a little, I just tried my best not to puke and washed the cockroach guts off my back. I smashed the half-dead cockroach with a shampoo bottle just to put the poor thing out of its misery and threw out the loofah. Speaking of the loofah, it was one of those really hard thick sponges, which is probably why the cockroach's shell got crushed by it (I also thought cockroaches' shells were too tough to be crushed like that, but maybe the steam from the shower softened it?) Anyway, though it was really really gross, the one good thing that came out of this is that my FML actually got posted, which is pretty cool. Thanks guys :)

Top comments

At least you were already in the shower to clean it up nevertheless, that is gross as hell

Death by loofah. I now know what I want printed on my headstone.

Comments

How did you hear that over that water running? I call bull shit on this one.

Well at least you were already in the shower.

Oooooh, just reading this gave me the willies! At least you were already in the shower to wash it off? Though I wonder why you would wish for a roach to rest in peace as your username suggests, unless you mean for it to rest in pieces! Seriously, man. **** roaches! **** 'em all with fire!

townailz 16

You managed to kill a cockroach with a loofah you should be proud. I can never kill those damn things

There was a massive roach in my shower yesterday and when I went to see if it was still there this morning, it was gone. This FML is all I'm gonna be thinking about the next time I shower.

If it died that easily, it probably wasn't a cockroach, It was probably a palmetto bug

Hey all, OP here To everyone wondering: yes, it was disgusting. After freaking out for a little, I just tried my best not to puke and washed the cockroach guts off my back. I smashed the half-dead cockroach with a shampoo bottle just to put the poor thing out of its misery and threw out the loofah. Speaking of the loofah, it was one of those really hard thick sponges, which is probably why the cockroach's shell got crushed by it (I also thought cockroaches' shells were too tough to be crushed like that, but maybe the steam from the shower softened it?) Anyway, though it was really really gross, the one good thing that came out of this is that my FML actually got posted, which is pretty cool. Thanks guys :)

Oh gosh, okay I just realized that I wasn't logged in to my account when I submitted the FML, and i ran out of time to edit my original comment, but I swear it's the OP here

I've had spiders crawl down me 3 times whilst having a shower, I've had a similair feeling since I am afraid as shit from them. I recommend checking every nook and crannie. Hopefully the situation doesn't repeat itself OP!

I recommend calling an exterminator. It may cost you, but it is very worth it in the end.

An exterminator seems a bit much. Most likely there's at least one cockroach in most people's homes. That doesn't mean it's infested.

Clearly you've never had cockroaches if you think there's just one, and only one. (Or at least one in every persons home.) They are disgusting, vile creatures. And when there's one, there's many.

Did you know roaches go hide and clean themselves if they touch a human? So, they would probably say the same thing about you.