By lizzie57 - 13/02/2015 12:09 - United Kingdom

Today, as a reward for finishing all my work in maths, I was told I could leave early. Apparently, later on, the class had a random attendance inspection. I didn't know about this until I received a detention for not being present at that class. My teacher had completely forgotten about me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 931
You deserved it 2 731

lizzie57 tells us more.

Hi, OP here. Thanks for the comments, so happy this got published and the maths jokes made me laugh :) to people questioning the random attendance inspections - my school has really bad attendance generally so we get them to try and scare us into coming more. I did talk to my teacher and he spoke to the office and explained the situation and they let me off :) so alls well that ends well I suppose. I was just a bit annoyed at my teacher forgetting me! But bless him he was very apologetic. Anyway, thats me explained :)

Top comments

Steve97 32

Random attendance inspection? What kind of bullshit wannabe military school does that?

Comments

Wizardo 33

√-OP is imaginary, especially in the attendance register.

And they let those people decide our grades...

You know someone's British just by writing the word "maths"

"Maths"? Plural? Is that a European term or something?

Is it slang or proper English for them?

It's proper English for us. No one says 'math' over here.

Math is probably a more logical way to shorten mathematics though. As a Brit, however, maths will always be the more natural way to say it.

Americans shorten the word thusly: math/ematics. British shorten it this way: math/ematic/s. Kind of like ad/vertisement/s vs. advert/isement/s.

You're doing good in math so I wouldn't sweat the detention. If you explained yourself I'm sure you can get out of it anyway. Worth a try!

I never understood the point of detention. "We're gonna sit you down in a room, make you be quiet, and force you to do your homework!!!" Um...ok. Thanks. I wouldn't have done it if you would've just sent me home so you're doing me a favor haha

At least you were marked absent when you weren't there. Being the quiet one, no two teachers ever listed me as absent the same number of times. Some times marked there when I wasn't, and vice versa.