This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 28/06/2016 04:25 - Malaysia - Ipoh

Today, as a dentist, I was performing simple tooth extraction when I realized that the X-ray was flipped the wrong way the whole time. I had to lie to the patient that the tooth that I accidently extracted needed to go as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 894
You deserved it 20 341

Top comments

Moron, tell the patient what you did and if you get sued then it's your fault and just accept it. People pay for that shit, they deserve a refund and your screwed them over.

Wizardo 33

You have to be drilled into, you're a professional so you should have spotted the mistake beforehand. YDI.

Comments

OR, you could have, you know...been honest? Or perhaps paid attention in the first place? I mean I know mistakes happen, but you're a medical professional. You should check these things beforehand, and be willing to admit it when you mess up.

So not only are you incompetent, you're also a morally bankrupt coward who'd rather lie to his patient than own up to his mistakes. I hope the patient finds out what you did and sues your ass.

Don't lie about it! Hurts your conscience

How does it feel to be hated on FML? I hope they take away your license not for making a human error, but for making a human error and then lying about it. You admit to your error on FML but not to the person who trusted you with his/her teeth. YDI!!! The person should be given the opportunity to extract all your teeth one by one without any medication!

So unprofessional, hope you'll get in troubles. YDI

HeadlessSparrow 20

I hope the patient reads FML and sees this FML, so he/she can connect the two..

ndnpride88 25

What a piece of shit and disgrace of a dentist.

Everybody makes mistakes - that's what you have professional indemnity insurance for. It's the lying that's shocking. By lying you have probably invalidated your insurance and I can't help feeling you deserve to be found out. FY(ourpatient's)Life

Talis99 26

What's your practice so I can never go there? It's not that you messed up--you're human--although this is a royally stupid **** up for a medical professional of any kind--but because you didn't have the balls or decency to admit it and say you were sorry.