This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By over it - 02/02/2017 22:00 - Australia - Ryde

Today, and for the last 9 months, my extended family continue to tell me how good my ex-girlfriend was and how stupid I was to break it off. Knowing how much they liked her, I decided not to tell them the reason I broke up with her was because she cheated on me, twice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 167
You deserved it 2 260

Top comments

Just tell them! Doesn't sound like it's your fault.

Comments

Just tell them! Doesn't sound like it's your fault.

Momo8612 9

My suggestion: tell them. Otherwise you're going to hear it constantly about how you screwed up.

tantanpanda 26

It's so easy to too. Next time they mention it, just have to slip in "if she didn't cheat on me twice, we might still BE together".

Why would you allow them to keep calling you stupid and berating you for ending a bad relationship for their benefit? Sounds like they need put in their place.

I hate being blamed for others sins or mistakes. I would immediately tell the truth and relief myself from all the headache caused by her.

I clicked ydi because you should tell them

TabooSushi 24

Oh heck no, TELL THEM. She doesn't deserve to be put on a pedestal above you by your own flesh and blood when she's a cheating scumbag. Tell them everything!

Goblin182 26

Sounds to me like OP has hopes of them getting back together and doesn't want his family to think bad of her if they do. Or think bad of him for letting her treat him that way.

They knew she was a cheating **** and had their own motives for you keeping her around.