By deebroooo - 19/02/2016 04:48 - United States - West Hollywood

Today, an old lady walked up to my car on a busy street and banged on my window. She was annoyed because I was making a left, as opposed to continuing to drive when there was no traffic in front of me. She then got in her car and held the horn until I went. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 309
You deserved it 1 957

deebroooo tells us more.

A street that didn't have a specific turning lane. And to clarify my blinker was on. Took awhile to turn because there was a lot of cars coming toward so I was there a while.

Top comments

Was this a single lane street? How long were you waiting for? It had to be awhile of an old lady had time to park, talk to you, get back in her car and honk her horn. This FML feels incomplete in my opinion.

I'm sure other people realized you were in the right in this situation. If anything, people probably just remember a crazy old lady laying on her horn and not you.

Comments

ohsnapword 21
mustang351c 11

How else would the lady know OP was turning left without the signal?

deebroooo if you are actually the op you should claim your fml, that way your comments will show up as op and not just a commentor.

#73, OP's comment is in blue and it says in deebroooo's comment, in the lower right-hand corner "The FML's Author."

That didn't show up at first. When I made my comment the OP's comment wasn't marked to show that it was the OP.

isnobodyhere 32

This would make a good FML video

Steve97 32

I would've just stayed there until she got out of the car again or until her horn breaks then I'd make the turn. No excuse for stupid road rage when you're just going about on your commute. That old bat has issues the road isn't just for her.

Are you stupid? He wasn't in the right.... He was in the left.

Take your horrible puns and take them elsewhere.

I will never fully understand how some people can be so immature about things. If she was that impatient then she shouldn't be driving.

That's when you get vindictive and just sit there for two or three lights.

I'm one of those assholes where if someone pulls something stupid like that on me, I will just make it way worse for them, and then laugh when they get pissed off. Like in this situation, I would not have budged a single inch, even once traffic cleared and I could turn freely. Let the lady sit there waiting with her horn going, see if I care.

yes my blinker was on. I generally use it as opposed to others.

AtherSheep 15

..So.. Why weren't your doors locked? .-. She couldn't have gotten in if they were locked.

#82 it doesnt say she got into the OPs car.

havahnegila 22

Sometimes it's easier to make a right and then a u-turn, if that makes sense, than an outright left. You can save some serious time depending on the situation. I don't know the exact situation here but perhaps that might be a good solution for next time at this intersection.

uhnevermind 24

Doing a U-turn, especially at a busy intersection, is extremely dangerous. Not to mention illegal. If you have a licence, I really hope it gets revoked.

SilverInGray 25

I mean, I dunno what the laws are in California, but where I'm from u-turns are legal at intersections unless there's a sign saying not to.

Depends on local laws. In Utah they are legal unless a sign is posted otherwise. I'm a roadway engineer and I don't recommend doing a u turn at an intersection, it's much safer at a non intersection portion of road.

In California, it is legal to make a u-turn at any intersection where there is no sign prohibiting it. I have to turn left across 4 lanes of fast traffic daily; I've been yelled at for not turning quickly enough. Let it be also known (from personal experience) that most any accident that happens when you are making a left turn is YOUR fault. So it's good to know you not only signal, but take your time to be safe, OP.