By I_AM_READING - 14/10/2014 07:15 - United States - Anchorage

Today, an elderly woman was crossing the street and dropped her bag of groceries. I got out of my car to assist her, but she beat me repeatedly, yelling that I was "enforcing a stereotype". Sorry for trying to help. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 754
You deserved it 3 223

I_AM_READING tells us more.

OP here... I have no idea why she hit me instead of asking me not to help and still haven't a clue as to what stereotype it was. I was waiting for my father to come out of the store when I noticed her crossing the street when she just dropped the bags I came to help and she swung whatever was left in the bag at me till I left. I lucky didn't get hurt but I was kinda humiliated but as far as I could tell no one saw. I got a laugh telling my friends at school though so either way it just another funny story to tell.

Top comments

Some people just don't like help they didn't ask for...I can understand that but she didn't have to be rude. Sorry OP I would have done just what you had done.

Independence and pride are all they have.

Comments

OP you should know better. Trying to help a person out? An elderly one no less. What has this world come to?

DOWNVOTING YOU FOR ENFORCING AN STEREOTYPE. [pretend there's a long rant here]

Some people are independent and don't like help if they don't ask for it but I do think this last took it a bit far. But don't let this stop you from helping people in the future. The world needs a few more helpful, polite people.

PainOfDemise 11

No good deed goes unpunished.

dontlookman 20

What stereotype could that be? That there are nice people left? Good on you OP.

You should have called her a cranky old man. Would have made this FML that much better.

llamarrama01 21

Even if se wasn't elderly, helping would still be the right thing to do. And people wonder why no one helps anymore :/

exactly! how can people help others when they get treated like this!

Leave it to the Tumblr elderly demographic to infect real life.

Bunny21 11

I hope this does not dissuade you from being kind to others in the future!!! Not everyone is an ungrateful jerk OP! ?