By I_AM_READING - 14/10/2014 07:15 - United States - Anchorage

Today, an elderly woman was crossing the street and dropped her bag of groceries. I got out of my car to assist her, but she beat me repeatedly, yelling that I was "enforcing a stereotype". Sorry for trying to help. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 754
You deserved it 3 223

I_AM_READING tells us more.

OP here... I have no idea why she hit me instead of asking me not to help and still haven't a clue as to what stereotype it was. I was waiting for my father to come out of the store when I noticed her crossing the street when she just dropped the bags I came to help and she swung whatever was left in the bag at me till I left. I lucky didn't get hurt but I was kinda humiliated but as far as I could tell no one saw. I got a laugh telling my friends at school though so either way it just another funny story to tell.

Top comments

Some people just don't like help they didn't ask for...I can understand that but she didn't have to be rude. Sorry OP I would have done just what you had done.

Independence and pride are all they have.

Comments

Some people just don't like help they didn't ask for...I can understand that but she didn't have to be rude. Sorry OP I would have done just what you had done.

There's a woman living on my street who goes mental if you try to help her with anything screaming that she's 'not an invalid', but walks past us bitching and moaning that the 'disgraceful youth of today have no respect for the elderly' because we never offer to help her...

JMichael 25

People like that just need to leave this planet and move to one where it's ok to be hypocritical dipshits.

incoherentrmblr 21

Talk about beating a stereotype right out of you...

Its the intention that counts, OP. Good on you for trying to help.

I don't understand people that don't like help because they didn't ask for it. Someone is only trying to help out of the goodness of their heart, no need to get upset with them for trying to do something nice.

lexiieeex3 32

Yeah physical violence is a bit much...

No it wasn't very painful just a little humiliating. Still got a laugh out of it when I told the story though.

Least you tried to help OP nothin wrong with that

tehaustiebear 34

You did the right thing, and in the end that's all that matters. If she wants to be rude so be it, it's her loss.

she should just appreciate you tried to help.