By Ngbaheir - 20/06/2015 02:36 - United Kingdom

Today, after weeks of my crazy girlfriend avoiding me because she knew I wanted to break up with her, I had no option but to do it by text. She told all my friends, who now think I'm a coward who isn't man enough to break up in person. They didn't even ask for my side of the story. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 429
You deserved it 5 061

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well of course they will jump to conclusions because it just looks bad. Just tell them what happened

Comments

This situation seems rather immature. 1. Forget about the girl, she seems like a child and down right insane. 2. Your friends are not your friends if they take some girls word over their "friends". I know it sucks to think that, but it's true. I don't know how old you are, but regardless if your age, you will meet knew people. People are born ruthless, liars, and scummy. Don't waste your time on people who don't transition into greater human beings.

People have the ability to change yes. A lot of people just choose not to

It sounds like the friends are both friends of op's and the girls. So I understand why they'd be upset that he broke up with her in a text. And usually there's no explanation behind breaking up in text other than the person not wanting to confront them and just to make it easier.

Maybe tell your friends first what you were trying to do and see if they could've helped you contact her. Then they would have at least known you tried.

saffy66 34

Well it's a bit late now but I was going to say something along those lines - let a few key friends know the situation ahead of time, then instead of sympathy she'd have been given a blunt assessment of why this was her fault.

Ya, in hindsight, it probably would've been best for him to just drop by her house so she would be forced to listen to him.

This sounds like something which would happen to me. I would just not give a shot. Friends should know you better and who gives a shit what anyone else thinks. They'll forget eventually!

Unfortunetly thats how life is. Its never going to be fair.

she really is crazy at least you broke up with her

MonstreBelle 28

That's the assumption most people make when hear something like that because it's true, most of the time. However, your situation is completely understandable. Explain why you broke up with her by text. If they still think you were simply being a coward, then I'm sorry your friends are such dicks.

Sathane 21

You could have phrased the text message so it was very clear that you knew she knew you wanted yo break it off but was avoiding you.

MonstreBelle 28

Even if OP had done that, I seriously doubt this girl would have shared that tidbit of information with anyone.

SuperMew 22

I would just stop caring. So what if they think you broke up with her over text.

If she was avoiding you, wouldn't another option (not necessarily a better one, mind) be to act like she was the one who broke up with you, in that case? It takes two people to make a relationship work, and if either one isn't willing, what's the point?

you should have posted it on Facebook saying how she was trying to keep away from you and stuff. that way she couldn't have turned it around on you.