By Anonymous - 18/02/2011 21:36 - United States

Today, after volunteering all day at the homeless shelter, I was mugged on my way to my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 971
You deserved it 3 571

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Acousticpixie14 6

No good deed goes unpunished. Sad, but true.

I fail to see how this is an example of karma.

Comments

atomheartm_fml 0

I say kill the bum, put him in a chili con carne and feed him to the other bums. That will fix the karma bug.

Well tht would be a really good deed then not only would OP be mugged again, OP wuld most likely be shot. Karma sucks.

atomheartm_fml 0

If you never try you'll never know. And if my solution is correctly applied: - Bums will keep attacking OP, and OP will keep turning them into meat - As more homeless get mad and get turned to food, unemployement goes down - Eventually there will be no more homeless people left to nourish, and it'll be chili for everyone!

This is why I practice combat in several forms and have any number of improvisable weapons on me at all times. I'd seriously consider trying it for yourself if I were you.

atomheartm_fml 0

#16: You sir are not a funny person.

You do not have to facilitate him upon demand. Make him wait. Have the party somewhere else after changing the locks. He can wait until the next day. Make sure he knows or thinks the neighbour is looking out to make sure he does not break in or the cops will be called.

Decodedman 1

No no no, if you squint it could apply to this one too. Maybe the mugger got their wallet with their address... :)

And here people think being cynical is a BAD thing... FYL

And if people have a desire and ambition they can still end up homeless and jobless, and you cannot argue that such people deserve it just because luck isn't on their side or because they have nobody to turn to when life turns to shit. Just because you were lucky enough to be born into good circumstances doesn't mean shit for anyone else. Trust me on this, finding employment is not as braindead as you seem to imply, and it is even more difficult when you're homeless because of the attached stigma. I've known a lot of homeless people and they'd love to get a job and get off the streets but, despite their best efforts (and, yes, they ARE putting in more effort than most) they simply can't, or they can't get a job that pays enough to get them off the streets. You can believe in the so-called "American dream" all you want, but the fact of the matter is that it is nigh impossible to get yourself out of homelessness without outside assistance. Now, I will grant you that welfare programs exist that homeless people can and should take advantage of, but even those are very difficult for homeless people to actually receive, mostly due to people like you insisting that they deserve their condition and shouldn't receive any help. But, no, go ahead, continue insisting that people not born into a privileged life don't deserve to live. It makes you quite the fine, upstanding human being.

and who said social cleansing was a bad idea ! bastard !!!